Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

MRI's and Blood Work

So I have posted a few times on other boards about my sons progress. Long story short he is 6.5 months cant sit up on his own and wont bear weight also cant roll over. So his pedi suggested physical therapy which we went to yesterday and a pelvic xray. His pedi thinks its weak hip muscles and his physical therapist thinks its not his hips or muscles and is sending us to a neurologist immediately. So Im obviously freaking out. Everything else about him is normal, he makes plenty of noise and smiles and grabs for things it seems to be just gross motor skills, So have any of you had children get an MRI? Or have similar issues with your LO's?

Re: MRI's and Blood Work

• Options

I am sorry to hear you've got a little boy with a plan of his own! With regard to the things he's not doing, is he doing things with his upper body, like pushing up or waving his arms when excited? I would also look at his reaction when you put him in those positions. Does he seems to be uncomfortable sitting up, or just happy but falling over? These will give you some clues as to the nature of the issue, be it physical or not.

Be prepared for the MRI. I'm not sure if they will have him under anesthesia, but they will need him to be still. It will break your heart to see your little one strapped down like that. REMEMBER, it doesn't hurt. *hugs*

For my little man...I only knew you in my heart. D&C 3/1/11 EDD 9/8/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Yes. He does move his hands and legs when he is happy or unhappy. And he can do tummy time and hold up his head but cant push up his upper body. He is a big boy 18lbs and 29 inches. So I wasnt expecting him to get it right away but now there is clearly a problem. And thank you very much for your kind thoughts. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hang in there, Mama! I haven't had experience with MRI's, but it sounds like you are in good hands. Your doctors and PTs have caught whatever is going on very early, and that is always best. Intervention at an early age can make a world of difference!

• Options

Hi.  I'm sorry you're going through a scary time with your little one. I am too, though our issue is different.  He was born with a heart defect and is undergoing open heart surgery in two weeks. We go for the pre-op next week and they'll be drawing blood and doing x-rays.. etc, so I'm pretty nervous too. 

Whatever the issue is, it sounds like you have proactive doctors that are investigating further, not just telling you that 'every baby is different' and that he'll do roll over when he's ready. 

My baby won't roll over either.  He sits on his own, but will not roll over.  It has nothing to do with his heart issues, so I'm a little anxious about that too.

Hang in there momma. 

Me: 36 (Endo) DH: 39 (Azoo)
    5 DIUI - BFN
    IVF#1 - BFP - AJ 7/12
    FET#1 - BFP Due 7/24/14
    imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    image imageimageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards