Military Families

OB orientation class at offutt

Going to an ob orientation class in two weeks and wondering what to expect.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: OB orientation class at offutt

• You'll fill out a bunch of paperwork about yourself, then they'll go over the standard of practice for their patients - how many visits and when, ultrasounds, blood tests, glucose screening, etc. and give you a list of meds you can and can't take, activities they recommend you avoid, and instances in which you should call your doctor (high fever, bleeding, etc.). 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imagemeltoine:
    You'll fill out a bunch of paperwork about yourself, then they'll go over the standard of practice for their patients - how many visits and when, ultrasounds, blood tests, glucose screening, etc. and give you a list of meds you can and can't take, activities they recommend you avoid, and instances in which you should call your doctor (high fever, bleeding, etc.). 

thanks!  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • The lady from Bellevue Medical Center will also come and talk about the base's partnership with the hospital and what to expect for maternity care there and encourage you to go in for a tour of the facility. Which I highly suggest you do.  The facility is beautiful and the rooms are very comfortable.  We're really lucky here at Offutt being partnered with a brand new civilian hospital.  A lot of bases don't have that luxury and you would have to switch to standard in order to deliver at a civilian hospital.  I really enjoyed my experience delivering there and look forward to it again this summer.  

They will also set up up first appointment at the Women's Health Clinic while you are at the class, should you choose to be on the Pink Team. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker image
  • Oh, and speaking of Pink Team.  A major section of the orientation will be explaining the difference between the two different clinics with OBs at Offutt's Clinic: the Pink Team (Women's Health) and the Blue Team (FMR).   Both teams are great, it's just a matter of preference for you and your PCM which team you go to. My PCM is an OB in the FMR, but since she didn't have any openings in her OB schedule there at the FMR, she wanted me on the Pink Team (where she has a small schedule) so that she could still keep an eye on my pregnancy.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"