Boston Babies
Options

Elective gender determination ultrasounds

Has anyone had one in the area? I am 11 weeks and I'll be honest, I am impatient and hate surprises. So it's driving me crazy knowing I have to wait till my 18 week anatomy scan to find out if I'm having a boy or girl.

I was reading about one place, golden view ultrasound in Brookline, that seems to have good reviews and offers gender determination starting at 15 weeks. Every other place I read about seems to not do it until 21 weeks, but by them I will know from my obgyn.

My hesitance is just that I would hate to spend the money and then be told something different at my anatomy scan.

Has anyone done this prior to their anatomy scan and had correct results and actually recommend the place they went to?
Lilypie Maternity tickers

<3 Mama to 2 girls - H&I <3

Re: Elective gender determination ultrasounds

• Options
    There is no way to be sure that an elective u/s at 15 weeks would be in an any way accurate. Honestly, if you're using it for actual results and not just entertainment, save your money. Even at 19 weeks they can be incorrect. They are much more accurate after 20 weeks.

[MC 11.20.11] [DS born 9.24.12] [DD born 10.15.14]

• Options
    I know they are not guaranteed. I was wondering if anyone here has had one and enjoyed the experience enough that they would recommend a place.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagelindsey61811:
    I know they are not guaranteed. I was wondering if anyone here has had one and enjoyed the experience enough that they would recommend a place.

Sorry, I thought you wrote in your original post, "my hesitance would be that I'd hate to spend the money and then be told something different in the anatomy scan". That led me to believe you wanted an answer either way on gender from the elective scan, which you won't get. It doesn't make sense to get one. I'm not trying to be mean, but it's like flushing your money down the toilet.

• Options
    imageEastie156:
    imagelindsey61811:

Sorry, I thought you wrote in your original post, "my hesitance would be that I'd hate to spend the money and then be told something different in the anatomy scan". That led me to believe you wanted an answer either way on gender from the elective scan, which you won't get. It doesn't make sense to get one. I'm not trying to be mean, but it's like flushing your money down the toilet.

No don't be sorry, I did say that lol, but I guess I was more looking for reassurance from someone who has done one lol. I think i rambled in my post and didnt really say what i intended to. Sorry dont mind my anxiety ridden pregnancy brain lol.

I agree that it does seem like a waste of money. Especially the places around here have much higher prices than what I've read from ladies in other states.

• Options
    Honestly, I know it seems like so far away to wait, but it's truly exciting finding out what you are having at that 19, 20 or 21 week appointment. GL, either way you choose!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"