High-Risk Pregnancy

XP Single Umbilical Artery

I listened to my voice mail and had a message from my doctor. I just had my a/s at 29 weeks (I'm 30 now) and she said that the baby had a 2 vessel instead of a 3 vessel cord. She said we could talk more about it at my appointment on Friday but she wanted to let me know and that I would need another growth ultrasound at around 34 weeks. I think that because my daughter's pregnancy was so uneventful (except for my severe morning sickness) it's making me freak out more than I probably should be. 

Anyone else have a baby with a 2 vessel cord? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: XP Single Umbilical Artery

• My sister in law had thsi with her last daughter and Caroline is perfect and healthy:)  She is almost 3 and is so much fun!  :)
    BabyFruit TickerBabyFetus TickerIAmPregnant Ticker
  • I have 29-month old b/g twins, and my DD had an SUA. I was already getting a lot of u/s b/c of the twins and other unrelated complications, but my OB said that if I wasn't, they still would have wanted to see me a bit more often b/c SUA can sometimes lead to IUGR, but in almost all cases, it's no big deal.
  • Loading the player...
  • Yes.  I have it.  I was going for monthly growth scans and the starting at the end of December I've been going once a week for an U/S to check bloodflow and every other week they check her growth.  Right now she is in the 12th percentile and is measuring about 2.5 weeks behind.  They are also monitoring her with twice a week NST's and she has been normal so far with that.  The NST is a non-stress test where they strap you to a monitor to check baby's heartrate and a second monitor to track mom's contractions.  They are looking for the baby to be active and have spikes in her heart rate when she is active.  I'm hoping I can make it to 40 weeks.  The doctors are projecting her to be about 5 pounds at that point.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • My understanding is if that is the only finding on us the vast majority of the time baby is perfectly healthy. THey may reccomend an amnio if you havent already had one though just to be sure. My friend had this and her son has only one kidney. However, he is perectly healthy four year old and the kidney he does have compensated  perfectly for the one he doesnt.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"