December 2011 Moms

I interrupted a "pay it forward chain" today

I went to Starbucks to get a small iced coffee for myself and the lady told me that the car in front of me had paid for it already and that I was the 4th in a row to receive this. Yay! When I asked what the guy behind me ordered, she told me that he will get 4 large drinks and that was that. I felt bad for not returning the favor, but I am also not ready to pay $20 for someone else's coffee. 

What would you have done?  

DS born 12/2011
DD born 03/2014

Re: I interrupted a "pay it forward chain" today

• I would have broken the chain too.  Oops:)

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • imagejesselayne8:
    I would have broken the chain too. nbsp;Oops:

This!
  • Loading the player...
  • I would have interrupted the chain, too.  $20 is a bit much...

I would have felt bad about it, too though...so you can return the favor another time...when the person behind you is just getting one small coffee.  :)

imageimage

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I probably would have paid 5 toward it but def not the 20!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I would have probably given the amount of my drink, or $5 towards his.  You wouldn't have broken the chain if you had done that.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageBlueCards:
    I probably would have paid 5 toward it but def not the 20!

This is what I would have done also.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageBlueCards:
    I probably would have paid 5 toward it but def not the 20!

This is what I would have done too. The chain is meant, usually, to make someone's day better, not an entire office! I would have paid for one cup, which would hopefully have been his, and then let the rest go. The others should have volunteered for the coffee run if they wanted a free cup lol!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I would have broken the chain. I'm not a fast thinker on my feet when out in public(I get anxious trying to decide what I want at the fast food joint fast enough). There is no way I would have thought to just pay for his drink and not the rest of them.
  • imageKansasFarmMomma:
    I would have broken the chain. I'm not a fast thinker on my feet when out in public(I get anxious trying to decide what I want at the fast food joint fast enough). There is no way I would have thought to just pay for his drink and not the rest of them.

this.  However, next time why not start a new chain and just put $4-$5 towards someone's drink?   

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I'd have broke it, but started another one elsewhere on my terms.
    "What are you having?" "Well the radiologist says its a healthy little human baby. I'm a little disappointed, because I really wanted a puppy." LOL
  • I didn't even think of just paying part of the order. Maybe next time :-) 
    DS born 12/2011
    DD born 03/2014

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"