December 2011 Moms
Options

S/O napping... LO sleeping too much?

Is there such a thing as sleeping too much? I feel like ds2 is never awake lately! He goes to bed around 8 or 830, sttn, wakes up around 830 or 9 am. I give him some milk, and he lays down again while drinking it and goes back to sleep. Then he sleeps until about 10 or so. He will wake up and play, gives his sleepy cues, like rubbing his eyes, whining, etc. I'll lay him back down maybe around 1230 or 1 and he's out until 3 or so. He will play til around 530 or 6, find somewhere to curl up and fall asleep for another thirty mins to an hour. Then up for supper, a little play time and ready for bed soon. I go by his cues and never try to make him sleep if he doesn't want to. But its kind of concerning me that he sleeps so much! I feel like he's missing out on the day! Anyone else dealing with this? It's been going on for about 2 or 3 weeks now. I thought about calling the pedi just to check, but I'm sure she will think I'm crazy when everyone else complains about not sleeping! Before, he was a great napper and sleeper, but now its just ridiculous! Lol
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: S/O napping... LO sleeping too much?

• Options
    Did he just finish getting molars or get over being sick?  C is getting her molars and is sleeping horribly, both at night and during the day.  I'm hoping that when they're finally in that she will catch up on sleep.  We are both exhausted and have been for weeks.  I would check with our pedi, too, just to make sure.  Otherwise, just enjoy the extra down time.  :)
  • Options
    He has done this since he got over roseola. Idk if it just become the new normal for him or what!? He's had new teeth come in, but not molars.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think the "normal" amount of sleep can be a pretty wide range.  DD still takes 2 - 3 naps per day.  I wouldn't worry so much about how much they're sleeping so much as changes in sleep.  Since it does seem like this is a recent change, I would take a look at what else has changed recently.  Has he been a lot more active lately?  If you're worried about it though, don't ever feel silly about calling the doctor.  No matter how much they may or may not judge you, it doesn't compare to your mother's intuition and the health of your child.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"