February 2012 Moms

Scrambled eggs?

Our pedi said one year for scrambled eggs but since we're pretty close to it I gave them. She loves them!!

Did your pedi say to wait??
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Scrambled eggs?

• I've been giving Sophie scrambled eggs for a month or so now. I don't remember our pediatrician ever telling us to wait on them.
  • Ours asked us what we wanted to do. I was all for early introduction, and he had them at about 6-7 months. They are still his favourite thing!
  • Loading the player...
  • Ours didn't mention it until he was a year. He's been getting them since about 9 months or so. At his 1 yr appointment the pedi said "He can have scrambled eggs now!" I was like ".... ohhhhhh, good."
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • ours gave us the go-ahead early on. She's been eating them fine for 5ish months. Loves them. I sent her to daycare with a broccoli and cheese omelette for lunch today, actually! And I was totally jealous. Well, not of the broccoli...

Scrambled eggs are definitely my go-to food for her when I can't think of anything else. 

• DD has had scrambled eggs since about 6 months its been a favorite of hers and a go to for me ever since.
  • At Ava's 9 month appointment the ped told us she could have anything besides honey from that point on. Unfortunately, she does not seem to like eggs yet.
    Married 03/09
    TTC #1 02/11
    BFP #1 02/24/11 EDD 10/31/11 MC 03/02/11 @ 5w2d
    BFP #2 05/30/11 EDD 02/07/12 Ava Grace born 02/01/12

TTC #2 08/14
    BFP #3 10/10/14 EDD 06/20/15 CP 10/15/14 

My Ovulation Chart
  • Mine gave the ok at the 9 month visit. I do a fried egg, one less bowl to clean up.
  • The omelet idea is brilliant!  We have not introduced eggs yet formally, but he has had them in fried rice and some other things.

Cheese, veggies, diced meats....thinking this will be the new lunch base for DC!

• Nope. Mine said to just give them! Austin loves scrambled eggs with cheese and ketchup!
    BFP 2/14/11 MC 2/28/11 BFP #2- 6/12/11- Austin born 2/22/12 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DD gets scrambled eggs once in awhile, but sje gets an egg in general almost every other day. Eggs in a basket are seriously her fav food. Why the objection to sccrambled? Is the texture a chocking hazard of something?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker pics-25untitled_zps5ec34838Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • L eats scrambled eggs for breakfast practically every day.  We've been giving them to her since about Month 7.  The only food we were told to wait on since we have no family allergies was honey (at one year).  
    11 months old! #andintoeverything
  • Ours didn't say anything about eggs, but the AAP website says there is no shown reason to wait, so she had them early on. She loves them, especially if we put things in them, like cheeses, veggies and/or meats.
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16

• I never asked, and Hadley has been eating scrambled eggs for a few months now! She loves them and I mix all kinds of veggies and cheese in too sometimes.

A+S | Met 8/24/06 | Married 9/27/08
    Started TTC 12/2008 | dx PCOS 5/2009
    6 failed clomid/femara/TI cycles, 1 failed clomid/ovidrel/IUI cycle
    Successful Cycle: 5/12/11 - 1000mg Metformin + 100mg Clomid(late response) + TI = BFP

2/13/12 - We proudly welcomed our daughter, Hadley Teresa!
    Lots of Luck to all of 3T/IF

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker

• Parker was low on iron at her 9 month check up (most likely because she kept getting sick before she was all the way well for about 3 months).  Anyway, due to her low iron, our pedi encouraged eggs (especially yolks).
    imageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Ours, at 9 months, said have at whatever we wanted...except for honey of course. She said the only real reason to wait on anything would be if there were know family allergies.  We have none, so we went for it!  He LOVES eggs, has them several times a week.  He's also had shellfish and peanut butter...other typical "wait" items.  He's had no issues.

• The only food to wait on was honey, according to our pedi. Eggs I started at around 8 months. PB she's had, but only yesterday and it was pb flavored gorilla munch cereal...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"