Cloth Diapering

Critique my starter stash!

Okay, this is what I have currently to start my newborn stash.  I have a bunch of other covers and accessories (wet bags, pail liners, sprayer, diaper cream) on my registry, but I'm not sure if it's too much/too little. 

Currently have:

24 XS GMD prefolds

24 S GMD prefolds

4 snappis

1 Rumperooz NB cover

1 Bummis Super Brite NB cover

1 Thirsties NB cover

1 Thirsties Duo Wrap size one

How many additional NB/small covers do I need?  I have a bunch more covers (NB & S sizes) on my registry, just don't want it to be overkill.  I also have a few BG AIOs on there to try out when he's bigger. 

Any thoughts are appreciated!

12 weeks 1 day - FIST PUMP!
image  Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Baby Boy born 4/8/13 9lbs
BFP #1 EDD 12.18.12 - Missed M/C at 9w3d D&C 5.22.12

Re: Critique my starter stash!

• You probably won't need any more NB covers since you plan to snappi, assuming the kinds you bought work for you.  I would have small bummis superbrite and sized thirsties covers on your registry.  You will also need cloth wipes.

I would focus your registry on what you will need in OS. I was lucky in that my friends and family bought a ton of CD stuff off of our registry, so I think it's better to have what you will actually need.

Baby boy H is here! Born 2/1/2014 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Mysterious_wife: "And for the love of all things that sparkle, remove your last name" on BOTB.
  • How often are you wanting to wash?  If you wash every day or every day and a half, you should be good to go on NB stuff.  If you want to wash EOD then you might want another dozen prefolds. 

As PP said, 4 covers is probably good if you always snappi.  If you want to tri-fold you may want 2-4 more covers.

As far as wetbags - I like to have two large wetbags (or two pail liners and a pail) for home, two medium wetbags for daycare and one small wetbag for the diaper bag.  That way when one is in the wash you have a backup.

CD safe cream I like to have three small jars/sticks.  One for changing table, one for diaper bag, and one for the diaper caddy we use in the livingroom during the day and in our room at night.

Don't forget cloth wipes, CD saft detergent, and I really like having a drying rack - just one of those cheapie wooden ones works great for covers.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

image imageimageimage

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks ladies!  I think I will swap out some of the other NB/S covers on my registry for OS/larger sizes then.  And good call on having multiple creams for multiple locations - not something this FTM would have thought of until I was in a pinch!

My plan is to snappi, barring any unforeseen complications.

I may throw a few more prefolds on there too just to be safe...

• Honestly if you are in a pinch on wash day the smalls should fit your newborn. Just be bulky. If costs is a factor it'd be better to add to your one size stash.

Id get a couple more covers like the pp said.

This from a pregnant girl who has WAY TOO NB DIAPERS. LOL

It just depends on what is important to you.
  • imageYellowLily2013:
    Honestly if you are in a pinch on wash day the smalls should fit your newborn. Just be bulky. If costs is a factor it'd be better to add to your one size stash. Id get a couple more covers like the pp said. This from a pregnant girl who has WAY TOO NB DIAPERS. LOL It just depends on what is important to you.

Thanks, I was wondering about that!  I just prepped the prefolds and it doesn't seem like there is a ton of difference between the two sizes.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"