TTC after 35

Getting ready for last cycle

Hi ladies, just wanted to give an update on what is going on.

I had a saline sonogram last Wednesday, and the radiologist said aside from a few small adhesions likely from the D&C, that everything looks good and that he doesn't see anything that would prevent implantation in the future. So that's good.

I spoke to my doctor's office yesterday and got the orders for new infectious disease blood work for both DH and me.  Can't believe another year has come to a close and we have to do this AGAIN. But moving on.

I called the financial person at the office to let her know I saw online that the claim for the last IVF had finally been approved (this after having to resubmit it to pay what they were supposed to pay in the first place).   She is going to speak to them to get the approval for our last cycle, and I will be calling them as well, because I do not want to deal with this rejection and resubmission again. Ridiculous.

I should get my period around Feb 8th or 9th, so that should be the start of the next cycle.

In other news, I have had some job interviews, and have a 2nd interview coming up next week, the first day I can get out of the office to do it. Working in NJ and interviewing in NYC while still having a job is a real pain in the a**.  However, my new boss started late last week, and it's a complete change from my old boss. He's very nice, seems to have no plans to let me go, and it's possible that I may even have a much improved work-life balance.  So now the urgency to change jobs is not so high.  And do I really need to be adding the stress of looking for a job to doing a do-or-die cycle? Probably not.  So we'll see. If i can casually search for a job that I will really love, then I will probably do that, while in the meantime seeing how things improve around here. I have the opportunity to make my role into more than it was before, so I am focusing on that and starting fresh with the new guy. 

Thanks for reading my not-so-quick update...

TTC since 3/2010. Me 41, DH-49. After 3 years, 6 IUIs and several IVFs we have finally have our beautiful baby girl, born on 11/7/13.

Re: Getting ready for last cycle

• I hope all goes well for you!! Nothing about this process is fun. I hope all goes well with the job and the upcoming IVF!!!
  • I hope this cycle is the one!! and that the current job really works out for you!

What RE do you see? you are not far from me, are you happy with him/her? I like mine so far but like to be aware of others.

best of luck! 

My Ovulation Chart

Me: 41 DH: 46. We are TTC our 1st, started July '11,
    3 cycles clomid with Ob,
    1 cycle Tamoxifen with Ob,
    Diagnosed PCOS 11/5/12
    clomid, trigger & timed bd 12/12 BFN
    1st clomid IUI 1/4/13 BFN.
    2nd clomid IUI 2/13 cancelled didn't respond to clomid.
    3/15/13 scheduled laparoscopy & on bcp.

May 10 IUI from injectibles - BFN 

May 22 done with interventions it will either happen or it won't. 

February 2014 No longer actively trying, but not preventing. 

SURPISE BFP 4/2/2015!!!!!!!!!!

Miscarriage 4/23/15

• Loading the player...
  • Wishing you lots of positive energy and a peaceful journey for this cycle.

I know changing jobs during this process is tough.. I did. I don't have any IF insurance coverage for IVF so insurance really wasn't an issue during my change.  Also, I work remotely from home most of the time, so when I changed the biggest difference was who sent me my paycheck :).

But I knew the company I transitioned too, and I was open with the president about my health and needing some time off.  I'm lucky, I have a very flexible work schedule.

Good luck! Hopefully the current job will work out well!!!

Me = 39 DH = 50 TTC (since 01/2009 after a short break, I stopped counting *cycles* in 2010)
    DX 2010 : Unknown Infertility , AMA
    HSG 2005 = Normal / HSG 2010 = Normal
    SA 2005 = Normal / SA 2010 /2012 = Slightly low count : motility, morphology GREAT!
    Chromosomal analysis, MTHFR, ANA's, Lupus, Protein C, Protein S, APCR = Normal 2011

M/C : 2005 (7wk), 2010 (6wk), 2011 (7wk)

8 IUI's 2010-2011 all BFN

IVF/ICSI antagonist 01/2012 #1 = BFN

IVF/ICSI antagonist long 06/2012 #2 = BFN

IVF/ICSI/CGH MDLF New Clinic/New RE 11/2012 #3 = One beautiful boy blasty frozen PGS normal

IVF/ICSI/CGH MDLF 02/2013 #4 = One more beautiful boy blasty frozen PGS normal

FET 6/20 : One 5AA PGS normal transferred Beta 1 6/28 = 53.9 / Beta 2 7/1 = 220 / Beta 3 7/3 = 550!

1 U/S  6w3d - Heartbeat 119 /  2 U/S - 7w5d- Heartbeat 169 / 3 U/S (OB) 8w5d - Heartbeat still great!

Baby G welcomed into the world 3/7/2014

SAIF / PAIF always welcome ****

• Keeping fingers crossed for you on the baby and job fronts!  Good luck!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I hope the management change works out.   And good luck as you progress toward this next cycle!
    Me-41, Hubby-40.
    1st BFP-8/17/12!  Missed Miscarriage discovered @ 8 week US.  D&C.
    2nd BFP-2/13/13!  Blighted Ovum discovered @ 8 week US. Natural miscarriage.
    3rd BFP-5/22/13!  By early June, progesterone plummeting.  Another loss.
    August 2013 - started Donor Egg process, but surprise BFP with my own eggs.
    Dear Son born 5/28/14
  • I hope everything works out for you.  FX and hugs!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • So glad the work situation has calmed down and you have one less thing to feel pressure about. Hopefully it's a sign of good things to come for you!!!
    Me 39 & suspected PCOS, DH 42. Went off BCP when we got married in 11/11, seriously TTC since 3/12.  Six cycles of clomid = BFNs.  Suspected endometriosis & HSG showed both tubes blocked.  Sept 2013 IVF 5D transfer of two perfect embryos = BFN.  Started acupuncture and taking time off to drop some pounds & get healthier before FET in April 2014.
  • Sorry about your loss and nice to see you are getting your ducks in a row for your next cycle. I'd stay with the NJ job for now. Starting a new job is stressful. I don't know if you get your insurance from your NJ job, but NJ has IVF coverage and I don't think NY does, so a new NY job could change that for you. Hope I'm not injecting myself too much into your business. Good luck and keep us posted!

• Always rooting for you!! 

TTC #1 since 8/1/10; Me:41 and BRCA1+, DH:46
    DOR (FSH 24.3)/ terrible egg quality ; homozygous MTHFR c677t
    5 IUI's: 2/11 to 6/11 and 1/12= BFN
    OE IVF#1-4 8/11-6/12= all BFN
    DE IVF#1 11/12 bad embryos= BFN
    DE IVF #2 2/13 BFP/Beta hell: m/c 5w6d
    CFNBC 7 months, not doing well; decided on guarantee program at RBA w/frozen DE
    DE IVF #3 1/14  ET 4BB; BFP;M/C 5w1d, incomplete m/c; MVA extraction in ER 7w1d

DE FET#1 ET 3/1714; BFP, beta 1 3/27= 197, beta 2 3/31= 1586, beta 3 4/7= 13879!!
    First u/s= Twins with HBs at 6w2d! We are Team Pink x 2!!

K & K born 11/21/14 at 38wks 4 days

imageimage

SAIF/PAIF Welcome

http://waitingforraintostop.wordpress.com

• I hope this is the cycle that gets you over the finish line!  (And good luck on the job front, too!)
  • Everything crossed for you, irishgirl -- on both the job and the baby fronts.
  • imagePPL2011:
    Sorry about your loss and nice to see you are getting your ducks in a row for your next cycle. I'd stay with the NJ job for now. Starting a new job is stressful. I don't know if you get your insurance from your NJ job, but NJ has IVF coverage and I don't think NY does, so a new NY job could change that for you. Hope I'm not injecting myself too much into your business. Good luck and keep us posted!

Thanks everyone, as always I appreciate the support!

PPL2011, Yes, this would normally be a consideration but I get my insurance through DH and fortunately he works in NJ and has good IF coverage.  If I really felt like carrying this further into 2013, I would consider signing up for coverage through my job where I believe they don't limit it to number of cycles, but to a dollar amount. But I really don't think I can continue with this roller coaster, so this will be the last cycle for us.

TTC since 3/2010. Me 41, DH-49. After 3 years, 6 IUIs and several IVFs we have finally have our beautiful baby girl, born on 11/7/13.

• Good luck with everything!
  • Fingers crossed for you!! Good luck on everything!!

ME:46 MH:44 DE IVF 2014
    Met with RE 4/11. 2 IUI's BFN. DE best option. Switched clinics to do "shared" program. Had to retake all tests and a mamm that put me behind and then on a DE waiting list for 12 months. Picked a donor!! (10/13/13) Got matched. Estimated transfer in December. After 2.5 years of patiently waiting I will finally cycle....can hardly believe it. DE cycle got cancelled. One of her tests came back positive.  Waiting for another donor. Donor picked!! (1/18/14)

DE IVF #1 (4/26) BFN  DE FET #1 (6/4) BFP! Beta 1=339 Beta 2=852 Beta 3=9957 EDD 2/22/15!!

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• First, I wanted to say so sorry for your loss.  And second, I am rooting for you, big time!  I hope this cycle is the one that works for you!
    Me-42 DH-43 TTC #1 since 3/11
    HSG 7/11 showed possible blockage
    8/11 BFP, then early m/c  (Natural)
    9/11 blood tests reveal Factor V Leiden (heterozygous)
    11/11 Hysteroscopy revealed uterine septum, which was repaired
    12/11 1st round of Clomid (100mg)=BFN
    1/12 2nd round of Clomid (100mg)=BFN 
    2/12 Repeat HSG=All clear 
    2/12 IUI with injectables #1=BFN 
    3/12 natural cycle=BFN 
    4/12 IUI with injectables #2=C/P 
    7/12 IVF #1=30ER, 9F, 3T, 1 Frostie 7/29=BFP! 
    8/27/12 No Heartbeat. Waiting to M/C 
    9/13/12 D+C
    12/12 Operative Hysteroscopy 
    1/31/12  IVF#2 ...BFP 2/6 m/c 2/12 methotrexate due to presumed ectopic
    July '13 IVF #3: 13R, 10M, 8F=BFP
    1st Beta=549  2nd Beta 594 3rd Beta 422. M/C #5
    IVF#4 in November=BFP…TWINS!!!!!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I agree with PP, if you have a new boss and things have calmed down, then maybe you should just stay put for now.  If you feel the stress level will relax a bit, it may be better than the thought of commuting to NY and learning a new job (that can be a lot of pressure).  If you are meant to get the job in NY, they will call you back & offer you more money than you imagined LOL...

I hope this last cycle is the winning cycle!

• Wishing you the best with this cycle.  Fingers and Toes crossed that you get the wish of your dreams! :)
    Lilypie Trying to Conceive 15 to 80 day cycle tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"