Trouble TTC

What cd for testosterone testing?

I just got my hands on my actual lab results (round one). Prolactin was 36.1 and it says regular is 4.8-23.3.  They told me to retest between CD 1-10. Then, I realized they ordered testosterone testing too. Is that ok to do between 1-10 or is that supposed to be CD 3? I feel like the dr. may have been a little....distracted when she was telling me these things. Or I worry too much because my cycles are too long to make an 'oops' like this and have to wait until the next time. lol Thanks!
Our Novel of TTC:

*Male Factor (low count and low motility), High Prolactin, and Polycystic Ovaries (March 2013)
*Recurrent Miscarriage testing also revealed high anti-phospholipids & single MTHFR mutation. (Feb 2014) 

*IVF (07/2013): BFP-Natural Miscarriage @ 5 weeks* <3 Madison Riley <3
*FET #1 (10/2013): BFN
*FET #2 (12/2013)- BFP-Missed Miscarriage at 8 weeks <3 Kyle Andrew <3
*Chromosomes and Karotyping tests were both normal.We lost a healthy baby boy :(
*FET #3 (04/2014) was cancelled after finding Chronic Endometritis
*Miraculous BFP July 2014!! (I was taking baby aspirin and Cabergoline to stay regulated while "taking a break from TTC" and waiting to consult with a reproductive immunologist!!!) 

Our healthy baby girl was born 03/10/15 thanks to daily Lovenox injections and baby aspirin. There are no words for how grateful I am for our rainbow baby. <3

Re: What cd for testosterone testing?

• imageIntuitiveBlue:

I would think CD3.  If you can schedule it for CD3, then you probably won't stress about whether that's the best day, and since it's pretty standard, that's what I would try to do.  And make sure they don't just test free testosterone - make sure they also test DHEA-S so you can rule out (or confirm) adrenal hyperplasia, which can also cause cystic ovaries.

Good luck! 

Yes, I think that's on the lab slip. Thanks! My original ones were done cd4 because of a holiday but they said cd3-5 were ok. I think I can swing cd 5 this time.
    Our Novel of TTC:

*Male Factor (low count and low motility), High Prolactin, and Polycystic Ovaries (March 2013)
    *Recurrent Miscarriage testing also revealed high anti-phospholipids & single MTHFR mutation. (Feb 2014) 

*IVF (07/2013): BFP-Natural Miscarriage @ 5 weeks* <3 Madison Riley <3
    *FET #1 (10/2013): BFN
    *FET #2 (12/2013)- BFP-Missed Miscarriage at 8 weeks <3 Kyle Andrew <3
    *Chromosomes and Karotyping tests were both normal.We lost a healthy baby boy :(
    *FET #3 (04/2014) was cancelled after finding Chronic Endometritis
    *Miraculous BFP July 2014!! (I was taking baby aspirin and Cabergoline to stay regulated while "taking a break from TTC" and waiting to consult with a reproductive immunologist!!!) 

Our healthy baby girl was born 03/10/15 thanks to daily Lovenox injections and baby aspirin. There are no words for how grateful I am for our rainbow baby. <3
  • Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think testosterone is one that can be tested whenever. I just had a draw today (ummmm 9 vials worth - ugh), CD 19, and one was for testosterone. I think CD3 bloodwork is only, for the most part, critical for LH, FSH and Estradiol. But like I said, I could totally be wrong.
    Married since 2008 | TTC #1 since 2011

2 losses: Nov '11 and Aug '12
    Dx: Feb '13 - HSG shows clear tubes but minor diverticulitis; Borderline DOR; Low DHEA and low testosterone.
    Moving on to IUI or IVF.

3.4.13:  Holy crap! Surprise natural BFP on cycle #19. EDD 11.12.13
    We've got a peen.....it's a boy! 
    Little man born 11.17.2013 via c-section

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"