High-Risk Pregnancy

No later than 39 weeks

Yesterday afternoon we have our first growth u/s with the perinatologist. He was pretty thrown of that having been diagnosed for 2+ months my doctor hadn't sent me for NST or any other scans, so he called my doctor directly and told her to have me come in weekly from here on out. He also told her to schedule an induction no later than at 39 weeks. LO is measuring fine- everything was measuring right where it should and weight wise they said he was aroun 6lb 15 oz. The perinatologist and my doc said the reason for no later than 39 weeks is because I am on such a high dosage of glyburide (5mg/day) and I also take medicine for hypothyroidism (I've taken it for 5 years). Anyone else have a doctor not let them go past 39 weeks? My OB did a cervical check today and said I was 1 cm/50% effaced but that LO was still pretty high.

Daisypath - (2EEx)

Lilypie - (CszI)

Re: No later than 39 weeks

• Wow I dont consider your dose of glyburide high at all. I just got bumped to 7.5mg a day. But was also told I will be induced around 39w and not go passed my due date. I have heard it is common for GD ladies to be induced and not go passed their dd. GL!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I was just told at my third NST appointment (last Friday) that I will not be going past 39 weeks either. I was also told that when I go see my GD Dr in week 37, along with my 2nd growth ultrasound, they will analyze by blood sugars and discuss if I will need to go earlier than 39 weeks. I am also on 5 mg a day of glyboride.

It kind of makes me sad because LO is already head down and I was hoping to not be induced unless there was an issue. I also want to try natural birth and I've been told it is difficult to do when you get induced.

BFP #1 7/6/2012, EDD 3/13/2013, Delivered 3/14/2013

BFP #2 1/7/2014: EDD:9/14 MC: 1/9/2014 (confirmed via blood work)

BFP #3 7/5/2014: EDD 3/11/2015 MC: 7/15/2014

BFP #4 11/7/2014: EDD 7/17/2015~~Please be my RAINBOW!

My Chart

image image image

All are Welcome!

• Loading the player...
  • I'm on insulin, but my doctor has also said we will have this litte guy 1-3 weeks early. Depending on how my sugars are, BPPs, and NSTs go, my doctor prepared me that I may have him as early as 37 weeks.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm on 7.5mg of Glyburide and my numbers are well controlled. All of my NSTs and BPPs have been perfect, but we're still inducing at 39 weeks.

ETA: Part of the reason that my doctor pushed for the induction is because DS was estimated to be 7lbs 12oz at 35w 4d and she thinks we're proably looking at a 10 pounder at this point.
  • I was on Metformin for PCOS and GD with my last pregnancy and gave birth spontaneously and vaginally at 41w1d. All of my NSTs were fine and baby was not large (7lbs 11 oz. at birth), so there was never any discussion of induction. You can always refuse an induction as well. I would personally not induce with this baby if my NSTs and BPPs were fine.
    Monique (38), Wife to Steve (32), Mom to DS Sacha (4), DS Ronen due Aug. 1st! BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I hope and pray for a quick and safe delivery.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"