High-Risk Pregnancy

GD and swelling WWYD

Ok ladies so I've got GD and for no reason that I can understand because I eat the exact same things most of the time, my blood sugar spikes and then drops. Then last night my legs, feet, hands, and face swelled up. My fingers were purplish. My moms bf is a nurse and said my swelling was more than typical. I had a headache, but when they checked my bp it was 130/something. Which is normal, though I normally run about 110/80. My mom wants to make the two hour drive to the hospital my MFM works at. WWYD? I don't want to over react.
Pregnancy Ticker
BabyName Ticker

Re: GD and swelling WWYD

•  

Before they told me I had GD. I was swelling pretty badly and I would feel weird and I would get headaches. Once I got my blood sugar under control, my swelling when down, my headaches when away. But everyone is different. So if you feel better going to hospital then you should.

• At the very least I would call your doctor and describe your symptoms, as detailed as possible, to see what they want you to do. If you notice a sudden change for the worse in any of it before hearing from your dr I would head to the hospital closest to you and contact your dr to let them know what's happening.

When I had GD and was about 33 weeks with #2 I experienced massive swelling in my ankles and calves, headaches and dizziness, and a sudden drop in my blood sugar - I would test at my normal post-meal time and get a normal reading and within 30 minutes it would drop to the 50's. I had a routine appt the next day, and since my blood pressure was fine and I wasn't showing protein in my urine the dr just blamed it on the weather (it was July and 115 degrees outside) and told me to call if it happened again. 

Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I would call your doctor to see what they suggest. I have started swelling pretty bad over the past few days and I've been kind of dizzy off and on so I called this morning and they had me go in. Everything looked fine with me but it's better to be safe than sorry.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"