March 2013 Moms

Let's have some fun ladies!

I want to know what the most exciting thing you did this week in preparation for your little ones arrival!

Go!  

Re: Let's have some fun ladies!

• Was admitted to the hospital?!?

i was released in time for my shower tho.  I would just have to say puttering around in my nursery.

i do NEED to pack a hospital bag tho. 

*** DS born February 21, 2013 - Toronto, Canada  ***
    imageimage
  • Put up the wall decal in the baby room.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Washed all of baby's clothes and blankets!
    Happily married to my Snorkelbutt - 07/31/10

BFP #1 09/02/11  M/C 09/12/11 8w6days
    BFP #2 07/18/12 Baby S born on his EDD 03/23/13

SS - age 12...SD - age 8...DS - 13 mos.
  • its not something i did really, but i had a dream that my little girl would come on ash wednesday! which is the week i go full term oddly enough

i also went and bought a bunch of travel sized toiletries for my hospital bag 

• Scrubbed and organized the bathroom, unpacked a bunch of boxes, washed and put away all of LO's clothes and linens, purged a bunch of stuff, dusted, vacuumed, put car seat in the car, finished registry for baby shower this weekend, cleaned windows, cleaned out closets..... Basically everything but going through my own clothes and putting them away! I have been MAJORLY nesting.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Photo of the Remarkables mountain range in Queenstown, New Zealand.
  • I bought some Alva diapers tonight! :D
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • First baby shower was on Sunday... Next is this upcoming Saturday!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Well it hasn't happened yet but this Saturday is my baby shower!!
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • The only thing I have done this week is buy some baby clothes hangers so I can start closet organizing. Not that exciting, but at least its something!
  • My Baby shower was Monday night. There were around 85 people there! My parents are pastors of our church and  I run the daycare so all the women in the church were invited.. It took over an hour to open presents even though I was rushing through them like crazy. It was awesome though. We had a great time and I got most of what we needed for Kaylen's arrival. And everything else we need I have gift cards for from the shower :)

I have a Daughter born 2/26/2013. She is pretty much amazing!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Booked a ticket for my mom to come spend two weeks with us after the baby is born. If all goes well Mom will be here when the baby is born. We are very excited to get to share this experience with her (she is over the moon excited about becoming a grandmother!). We planned her trip around my scheduled C-section date, so just have to keep our fingers crossed that Little Miss doesn't decide to come early!!
  • Made homemade baby wipes! (Just a trial run to see if I like them. They feel like real baby wipes for 1/2 price!) Here is the recipe I used:

Using sharp serrated knife, cut roll of Viva paper towels in half. Put half in 3-4 qt container. In a measuring cup, mix 1 1/2 cups warm water, 2 tbl baby wash or shampoo, 2 tbl baby oil, 1 tbl alcohol (optional - if you want it to last longer). Pour over paper towels. Wait few min, pull out cardboard roll and wah-lah! Wipes come out from middle of the roll.

• I went shopping to get all of the baby clothes that we still needed. I cut off tags from everything and sorted them into sizes so that I can wash them later this week and then get everything put away. It took me three hours to cut all of the tags. I did not realize how much I had for her. She is going to be one well dressed kid. DH wanted to help me but I did not want him to help because I was enjoying looking at the clothes again so much.
    BFP on IVF #2 6/29/2012. Beta #1 7/3 = 522; Beta #2 = 1180; Beta #3 = 6491 image BabyFruit Ticker
  • We've done a lot of baby prep in the past week! We made progress on baby's room, had our first birthing class, and ordered the crib, changing table and some cloth diapers. I also organized all of the baby stuff from my first shower (the room is being remodeled, so I can't put it all away yet, but it is at least organized!).
  • We completed Lamaze class, which was a lot of fun, and good information! Also, had my first of 2 showers this weekend, it turned out really nice. Had a great turnout and got lots of clothes!
  • Went shopping for clothes for the first time. So many cute outfits! Dillard's I was surprised to find had the best prices and selection. I was a little bummed though because everywhere has put out their spring clothes. I live in Texas so it's not super cold but it's still going to be chilly when LO gets here in March.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • My big accomplishment this week is that I finally chose a pediatrician! I had been procrastinating. That and I called my insurance to find out what I need to get a free breast pump.

I had worked on the nursery last week and am waiting until Saturday's shower to finish. 

May PAL Siggy Challenge - Mom Humor
    TTC Since June 2009 
    BFP #1 - 1/15/12, EDD 9/21/12, Missed M/C - 2/10/12 - I miss you Sapphire!

BFP #2 - 7/1/12 - Met my lucky charm Alexandra on 3-16-13!!!

image image image 
    AL always welcome! 

• imageguilletskichuk:
    Washed all of baby's clothes and blankets!

i did this too. we have our shower this Saturday (its also my 28th bday) and I am hoping to get everything situated and organized on Sunday. i cant wait :)

• We finished LO's closet....hung up some of her clean clothes...the new rocker should be in today...Baby Care class tonight...  heard her heartbeat on Monday...  had great glucose numbers all weekend... hubby painted my toenails!

• Well it has not happened yet..but my baby shower is this weekend!! Im  really excited about that!

image [IMG] 

• Set up the mobile in her crib, put together the bouncy chair and tomorrow going in for an ultrasound!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"