March 2013 Moms

What are you planning on dressing LO in?

I have a TON of baby clothes, but one thing I don't really have are gowns. I don't see a lot of gowns for boys, there are a few gender neutral ones but not many. There are tons for girls, and I had a lot for DD but when it comes to prepping for this LO I'm not seeing many. I have onesies, side snap shirts and pants out the wazoo- just stick with that or go on full warpath mode in search of gowns? DD is almost 4 and my memories of those early months are hazy from lack of sleep so I don't really remember if those were a lifesaver or not...
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: What are you planning on dressing LO in?

• I had a gown or two for the boys and I really liked how easy they made diaper changes (and I definitely don't see them as often as I used to) but I wouldn't say they are a must-have.

This time around we are having a girl and while we have a lot of hand-me-down outifts and dresses, everything I have bought has been onesies (with either stretchy pants or baby legs) and sleep & play one piece things.  I think the on-piece outfits will get the most use because the thought of NO WAISTBAND sounds so comfy to ME, lol!  And they can be jammies too so I won't feel obligated to put on different pajamas if they outfit is clean(ish).

BabyFruit Ticker
  • kegkeg member
    For us, DDs lived in gowns for the first couple of weeks.  However, they were both tiny and it was easier to use gowns than to buy more preemie clothes.  Plus, one DD was on an apnea monitor and the leads made zippered sleepers useless and onesies complicated.  I thought they made for easier diaper changes in the middle of the night and if you're just staying around the house.  If you still have any of DD's left over, I'd just reuse those...who cares if he's in pink when no one will likely see him? :-)  (BTW, I think I've seen a number of gowns in boy, girl, and neutral at Target.) 
    2004-Started TTC; Nov 2007-Lap with endo removed; Jan 2008-Ectopic (mtx); April 2008-IVF #1 (bfp, twin girls); March 2011-FET (cp); June 2012-IVF #2 (bfp, singleton, EDD 3-19-12)

***Twin fraternal girls born at 35w6d in 12/2008***

• Loading the player...
  • I hated the gowns. They kept riding up
    on DD, and really weren't a lifesaver for us when it came to diaper changes. I found them to be a lot more work, actually.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I've been told (and plan to) dress DD in gowns. I found some boy ones at zulily.com
    Been married since 2009.
    Unicornuate Uterus (yes I menstruate glitter)
    Several MCs
    DD born 2013 (our miracle "you can't have babies" baby!)

• I feel like I must live under a rock, because I didn't know they sold gowns for babies...   We just have footed pj's and some onesies.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageBabyMayinMarch:

I feel like I must live under a rock, because I didn't know they sold gowns for babies...   We just have footed pj's and some onesies.

https://www.zulily.com/p/white-animal-organic-layette-set-infant-43341-2528132.html?pos=4&e=1&

https://www.zulily.com/p/white-blue-pin-dot-henley-gown-infant-40596-1942574.html?pos=19&e=1&

Been married since 2009.
    Unicornuate Uterus (yes I menstruate glitter)
    Several MCs
    DD born 2013 (our miracle "you can't have babies" baby!)

• imageBabyMayinMarch:

I feel like I must live under a rock, because I didn't know they sold gowns for babies...   We just have footed pj's and some onesies.

Looks like I have been living under a rock as well..

• Probably the same as DD, footed sleeper at night, onesie and pants during the day. 
  • imagedoozer1345:
    imageBabyMayinMarch:

https://www.zulily.com/p/white-animal-organic-layette-set-infant-43341-2528132.html?pos=4&e=1&

https://www.zulily.com/p/white-blue-pin-dot-henley-gown-infant-40596-1942574.html?pos=19&e=1&

Thanks!  I will have to check these out after work!

• I would search online! I know you can find tons of neutral ones on amazon. Totally worth it to me. I have had trouble finding even girl ones! But it's so worth it.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Photo of the Remarkables mountain range in Queenstown, New Zealand.
  • I have a few gowns, not sure what I will end up using though.  I know that babygap has them.  In fact I see them online right now, their clothes are so soft and seem to be high quality.  You can get a 2 pack (in neutrals) for around $25, but I never pay the full price.  Almost everyday they have an online "sale" where you can get anywhere from 20-40% off all items, so I just wait until it's a good deal.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I loved the gowns. DS only wore them at night and they were great for quick diaper changes (and he had to be changed quite often). I don't remember having an issue with them riding up but he was also swaddled pretty tightly at night so maybe that kept everything in their place. I think we got his gowns at Carters. I actually pulled them out of storage to use for this LO. I'm having a girl this time but she will be wearing her big brother's blue gowns.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagemrsmcdonald:
    I hated the gowns. They kept riding up on DD, and really weren't a lifesaver for us when it came to diaper changes. I found them to be a lot more work, actually.

This.  Footed sleepers all the way in the beginning. 

BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Gap has cute boy gowns. Soft and durable. They make things so easy the first few weeks and I'm even bringing one to the hospital. GL!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imageBabyMayinMarch:

Maybe they're not as common in Canada? lol All I keep picturing are frilly christening gowns when you guys talk about them. I tried opening the link but had to sign up in order to access the page and I don't want to do that (I can't stand when websites do that). So I'm still a little clueless. lol

You're not talking about sleepsacks, are you guys?

Happily married to my Snorkelbutt - 07/31/10

BFP #1 09/02/11  M/C 09/12/11 8w6days
    BFP #2 07/18/12 Baby S born on his EDD 03/23/13

SS - age 12...SD - age 8...DS - 13 mos.
  • imageguilletskichuk:
    imageBabyMayinMarch:

Maybe they're not as common in Canada? lol All I keep picturing are frilly christening gowns when you guys talk about them. I tried opening the link but had to sign up in order to access the page and I don't want to do that (I can't stand when websites do that). So I'm still a little clueless. lol

You're not talking about sleepsacks, are you guys?

No they aren't sleepsacks, as they are open at the bottom.  Imagine a long sleeved dress for a baby.  (from what I could tell from zulilly and google).  Oh and when I was at BRU last night they didn't have any for sale (at least at my location)..  Wondering if this is more of an American thing like the Rock N Play.

• Oh! Are they those nightgown-type things with elasticized bottoms? I finally Google Imaged baby gowns and that's what I found. I've seen a few of them here and there (Old Navy online, I think it was the American site) but not in any stores. I thought they were funny looking and didn't see the point in them...but, on second thought, they actually make sense! Hmm...may have to look into them.

Ah, yes, the Rock N Play. I had no idea what one of those were either. Had to Google them a while back. lol

Happily married to my Snorkelbutt - 07/31/10

BFP #1 09/02/11  M/C 09/12/11 8w6days
    BFP #2 07/18/12 Baby S born on his EDD 03/23/13

SS - age 12...SD - age 8...DS - 13 mos.
  • Carters carries the gowns in a two-pack online for $12.  We use them at night for the first couple of weeks until tha baby uncurls from the newborn position.  It seems like their feet get caught in footed pjs until the uncurling happens.
    Mommy to Seth (4) and Catherine Anne (13 mo.) Excited to welcome a third child in March of 2013!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"