High-Risk Pregnancy

Spilling protein...and scared :|

Hey ladies,

Just had a check-up with my doc yesterday & things had been going pretty smoothly up until this point (we're at 20 weeks now, and had a subchorionic hematoma early on that has finally healed itself).  20 week ultrasound showed a perfectly healthy baby boy, passed the 1 hour glucose test with no issues, and now yesterday my doc tells me that I'm spilling protein in my urine.  He is having me do a 24 hour urine collection now to rule out any major issues.  I have had kidney issues in the past (scarring in my kidney filters from prior UTI's as a kid) and have spilled protein before...but it has been under control until now.  Anyone have any experience with this?  I know pre-eclampsia is the major concern here, and they monitor my blood pressure closely because mine tends to run high (but has been normal through the pregnancy and continues to be at this point).  I'm just terrified that this could lead to bad news for baby and I (like labor way too early, pre-eclampsia, etc.).

Dx with PCOS in 2004; TTC #1 since 2006. 6 failed rounds of Clomid, 1 failed round of injectibles, innumerable failed cycles of herbs, accupuncture, etc. FINALLY got BFP on 10/4/2012 after 2 rounds of Femara Can't wait to be a mommy! Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Spilling protein...and scared :|

• hopefully they can get it under control or figure out what the issue is. i never spilled prootein or had high blood pressure but i did develop HELLP around 21 weeks in my last pregnancy. its scary. but better to find out now and they can try to help!
  • I am with you...I have pre-eclampsia symptoms, but underlying issue is Lupus Nephritis. I am spilling protein, last 24 test 2 weeks ago was at like 6740. Started at like 3000 when I was admitted to hospital. I am on hospital bedrest & yes it is scary.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"