March 2013 Moms
Options

Holy weight gain!

I just got back from my dr. apt and have gained 6lbs in the past 2 weeks.  I have been eating really well and was really surprised by this number.  She isn't worried about GD or Pre-E (great blood pressure!), so it's just sudden weight gain.  Has anyone else experienced this?  I'm hoping its just water weight that will come off quickly once the baby is here.

Re: Holy weight gain!

• Options
    yup...I gained 5 lbs b/w my last two appts, I was not happy about it
  • Options
    Exactly my experience from my appt yesterday.  I was seeing one of the other OBs in the practice and got a little lecture about it, especially since I'm already up 30lb at 34 weeks. :(  So hoping she comes a little early, or that most of that gain is water retention, which would not surprise me....
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    i'm gaining weight like crazy, and 90% of it has been in the 3rd trimester, and it all seems to be in my abdomen and boobs.  i'm up 30-33 lbs and still have about 8 weeks to go- ack!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I totally hear you! I'm also gaining weight fast but it was the same with my first baby and I lost all weight in the first 4 months. No worries! If you are eating healthy and you breastfeed your baby, it will all go away.
  • Options

imageSmoothieQueen:
    i'm gaining weight like crazy, and 90% of it has been in the 3rd trimester, and it all seems to be in my abdomen and boobs.  i'm up 30-33 lbs and still have about 8 weeks to go- ack!

This is me. I already have a trainer picked out for after the doc releases me for physical activity....makes me feel a little less depressed about it.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    imagemontie99:

imageSmoothieQueen:

This is me. I already have a trainer picked out for after the doc releases me for physical activity....makes me feel a little less depressed about it.

yeah, i can't say i'm too worried for myself.  i healthy foods, and try to walk about 20 mins every day (which seems to be getting harder and harder), and i say active with lots of house work. when the time comes to lose the weight, i know i'll be motivated. i had previously lost 30 lbs on my own, so i'm sure i can do it again (and hopefully some extra). like you, i've been planning a little on my post-pregnancy workout, and have some dvd's book-marked for purchase.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I gained 4 lbs in 2 weeks. I didn't like hearing that either, but my doctor said it was fine.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"