Success after IF

Boston Area Girls

I just read all 40 posts on the most recent GTKY (lol!) and saw that a few of you are from the Boston area.

DH and I are planning a trip there for our 5yr anniversary and neither of us have ever been there!

Any recs on places to stay? Any must-sees/things to skip? Great places to eat in the city?

We haven't really started looking into things yet! TIA.

*My Loves, My Life, My Littles*

02/18/11, 05/24/12 and 12/03/13

Re: Boston Area Girls

• Fire and ice a must eat in Cambridge!!
    Faneuil hall is a must see good eats and cute place to walk around. Also do a duck tour!!

I live about 20 min north of Boston :

photo ecba2e48-bd74-4395-8ca1-47ae6b5df68a_zpsfd491ced.jpg photo 5d7e0910-4031-45ed-a61f-09e4245b7ac6_zps1b85690c.jpg photo 341b9e4e-8eea-4939-9d55-a1c1cf07a00c_zpsa176d7dc.jpg

photo 84a2920e-2954-4acf-9275-ad8708055b12_zpseb05b8cb.jpg

Me and DH - 26years old; IF DX: PCOS, Hypothyroid/Hashimotos(me)
    IVF #1 April 2012- 15 ER (4/13), 13 Fertilized, 1 transfered (4/16), 3 frozen
    Beta #1(4/28)-127 Beta #2(4/30)-301 Beta #3(5/7)-5570!!
    First ultrasound showed 1 strong little heart beat! (5/25) 7/16.. ITS A BOY!
    Brayden Nicholas Born Dec 29 2012 - 7 lbs 10 oz 20 in
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• When will your trip be?  Unfortunately, Boston hotels are pretty expensive during the "nicer" months - from May through end of October.  Good areas to stay are either near Faneuil Hall area, or near Copley Square.  

Duck tours are great.  Must-see for kids would be the "Make way for the ducklings" sculpture in Public Gardens. Also check to see if the swan boats in the Public Gardens will be running when you are here.

I hear the Childrens museum is pretty good, though I haven't been to myself.   

TTC since 10/2008  RE consult 6/2010 Dx:Unexplaied IF

Failed multiple cycles of Clomid+TI and Clomid+IUI

3/2011 inj+IUI #1 BFP. 4/2011 missed m/c. 

Fall 2011 inj+IUI #2&3 BFN

Jan/Feb 2012 IVF#1 BFP 2/23  EDD 10/31/2012 ~~~ Halloween ~~~

Our IVF miracle, Baby Boy M, arrived on 11/8/2012!
  • Loading the player...
  • I love in Cambridge and used to live in downtown Boston (Beacon Hill). Assuming that it will just be you and your dh, here a my suggetions... Walk the Freedom Trail. Don't go all the way to the SS Constitution. Instead, stop walking at the second to last stop (either Paul Revere's house or Old North Church, whichever is second to last). Then you will be in the North End (Boston's little Italy). Eat a meal at one of the yummy Italian restaurants there. Also walk around Fanuiel Hall. (The Freedom Trail goes through there. Just take some time to check it out instead of walking through.) Go to the top of the Prudential Center for an awesome view. Check out Beacon Hill. Duck Tours are fun, but if you plan to walk around - which is much better IMO as long as the weather is nice - then the Duck Tour will be a repeat. Go down to Fenway if it is baseball season. Even if you don't go to a game, go to a bar around the stadium and watch the game there. Soak up the atmosphere. And if you do make your way to Harvard Square, that's where I live so give me a shout out and maybe we can meet up. :)
    Unexplained Infertility

After two Clomid cycles, three injectable IUI cycles, two IVFs, two miscarriages, and one lap surgery, IVF #2 has brought us our little boy!

TTC #2
    After months of being postponed or cancelled, FET #1.3 (Natural FET) brought us twin girls!

Surprise! Baby #4 is due in March!
  • Thanks so much!!!

We are going mid-July (no kids ;).  I was just thinking about booking a flight within the next few weeks.  I'm going to Google some of the spots you all mentioned right now!    

• We used to live in the city (Charlestown - where the USS Constitution and Bunker Hill Monument are), but now moved to the suburbs.  For our 10 year anniversary, DH and I spent the weekend in Boston with no kids (I was pg at the time, so wouldn't have been fun to do a big fancy vaca!).  We stayed at the Collonade Hotel - I highly recommend that for the summer - it has a rooftop pool.  The Sheraton in Back Bay also has an open air pool.  Both are in a great area for getting around, near the T and also just centrally located for walking.  

For food, definitely try some restaurants in the South End.  Union, Gaslight, Tremont 647, and probably so many more now!  For a touristy area, the North End is good for Italian food and pastries (the biggest tourist spot is Mike's Pastry...I  lived near there for years and have only ever been in there once, though!).  

The waterfront area in South Boston is great now, too.  We had our fancy anniversary dinner at Legal's Harborside, which was nice.  Del Friscos is a fancy steak house nearby.  

For things to do - walk the freedom trail, take a duck tour, check out the public garden and Boston Common, walk along the Charles River, check out Harvard Square in Cambridge, head to Fenway to see Fenway Park.  We went to the Museum of Fine Arts when away without the kids, and that was really nice.  

A couple of the hotels do outdoor movies on Fridays in the summer - the Boston Harbor Hotel did, and the Residence Inn in Charlestown did too (not sure if they will this summer, but they have in the past).  Also Shakespeare in the Park - not sure when in the summer it is, but you could get a sandwich, bottle of wine and watch it on the Common.  

It is really a fun city - have a great time!! 

ETA:  I forgot to add, if you are there for a week, you could take a day and take the ferry to Provincetown on the Cape.  It is an hour and a half each way, but the Cape is great!  There are also trips to the harbor islands if you wanted to take a boat somewhere.  And there are sunset cruises in the evening.   https://www.bostonharborcruises.com/

TTC#1 = Success on Cycle#19 with Clomid/trigger/b2b IUIs; beta#1 (15dpiui) 200, #2 (18dpiui) 433, #3 (22dpiui) 2356; TTC#2 = Surprise BFP 9/2009; TTC#3 = m/c at 6 wks, 10/29/11; BFP#2 4/1/2012... Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • LAURA!  First of all, um where was the birth announcement for you newest LO?  Congrats! 

And thanks for the GREAT recs.  I can't believe DH and I haven't been there yet!  Sounds like an amazing city with lots to do! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"