Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Baby Carrier

I have a moby wrap and I love it for my 6 week old however I know I am going to want a carrier that allows my baby girl to face away from me so she can see the world.  What do you ladies have and recommend?  I have been looking at the ergo baby and the baby Bjorne carriers.  I want something with back support.  Thoughts please?

Re: Baby Carrier

• Options
    You need your baby to face in to protect their hips. I have a boba carrier and love it. It is similar to an ergo.
  • Options
    I've worn DS in the Baby Bjorn for a short period and it hurt my back and shoulders. Maybe I need to adjust it, but I"m glad I bought it at a consignment shop instead of paying full price! I wore DD in a Poppy Pouch for almost an entire day in an amusement park and found it to be pretty comfortable and both she and DS seem really content in there.
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Look into a Beco
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Right.  I am looking for a carrier for for when she is a little older not right now.
  • Options
    I love, love, love my Ergo. (I have the sport version.) I have used it with DS since he was 1 week old (with the infant insert), and still wear him comfortably at 2.5 and 33 pounds with the back carry option (although he prefers the kelty frame carrier we have now because he sits higher up). DD also loves it. LOs cannot forward face in the Ergo. If you really want LO to face out, I believe the Becco is the only option that appropriately supports the hips and spine for long durations. The AP board will have better information on this though. I also have heard that the Becco is better for people with narrower shoulders. GL!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Forward facing baby carriers are not only bad for your back, but are terrible for babies hips. They actually cause hip dysplasia in babies. Also, these carriers are crotch danglers. So really uncomfortable for the babies too. Would you feel comfortable dangling by the crotch? If you want your baby to be able to see the world look into a carrier that has a high back carry. So this would be a Beco Butterfly, woven wrap, or a good mei tai. However, it you wanted the Ergo you could use it for a hip carry.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"