March 2013 Moms
Options

bed rest

Hi ladies,

I have been a lurker over the past several months however have never posted. I apologize in advance for the length.

On Saturday I was having contractions and seen in labor and delivery. I was given a shot of terbutaline and was sent home on bed rest. I was seen on the doctors on Monday and told that my fetal fibronectin test came back positive ( which means I could deliver in the next 2 weeks), I was dilated to 1.5 cm, almost full effaced and thinned and having contractions 4-5 minutes apart. I was sent to the hospital and tried on Procardia which did not help, given magnesium which slowed things down. I was discharged on Procardia and strict bed rest.

My question to all you ladies is that is the fetal fibronectin test really that accurate from personal experience. Also for you ladies who have children that were born early what problems did they have and how long in the NICU. I am now 32 weeks and one day. Thank you.

photo 7e743566-12ed-490b-ab2b-c02defa0dfc7_zps2f01858c.jpg

Re: bed rest

• Options

I have been on bed rest since 27 weeks. I went in to preterm labor dialated to 2cm, contractions and 50% effaced. I am now almost 33 weeks. I believe the P17 shots I get each week are what helped keep LO inside this long.

My DD was born at 35 weeks, stayed in NICU for just shy of 2 weeks for a bit of breathing help, jaundice and could go home when she was back to her birth weight.

Maybe the high risk and preemie board can help with your other questions.

Baby Slings at Nurtured Family BabyFetus Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options

I had the same experience to the t with my first pregnancy.  I went home after a week on mag at the hospital, on procardia and continued bedrest until 37 weeks.  At 37 weeks, I stopped procardia and got up and started moving around and he was born 3 days later.

I still had contractions while on the procardia but was too afraid not to take it anyway.

imagePregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"