March 2013 Moms

Weight gain...

Hello to you all... I'm actually only 19 weeks just popped into your forum for some advice/reassurance

I'm 19 weeks pregnant today and am very down about my weight gain.

I'm 5ft 7 and weighed 152 before pregnancy. At 19 weeks I now weigh 172! A 20 pounds weight gain!! Up until 12 weeks I'd only gained about 5 or 7 pounds. The main bulk of this weight gain started since 14 weeks.

Just wondering if any other ladies weighed this much within such a small time frame? And what your weight is now?

I eat well but 90 of that is healthy. Although I have developed a sweet tooth which I never used to have.

I have been showing since 14 weeks and felt baby move from 16 weeks. My boobs have gone up 2 cup sizes already too.

Would really appreciate some honest advice and/or reassurance.

Thank you x

Re: Weight gain...

• I'm 34 weeks, I've gained 45 lbs. It sucks, but I figure that ill be that much more proud when I do lose all the weight.
  • Haha I think you may be my twin. I am an inch shorter then you and weighed 152 when I got pregnant. Now at 33 weeks I'm 180 and my boobs have also gone up two cup sizes (small Bs to full Ds). My midwife told me that if I don't want to gain to much weight I had to cut down my meals (eating every two to three hours instead of three large meals). I really don't have "meals" anymore just lots of "snakes" that are mostly fruit, veggies, and yogut. When I first wake up I have 1 piece of toast with an egg. No juice or high sugar drinks, just water, crystal light and skim milk.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I am 5'2, started at 134 and now I weight 168 at 32 weeks.  From what I hear, I am all belly. I workout 2 to 3 times per week and eat healthy the same amount as you.  I had no morning sickness, so I never lost weight like some ladies did. I was around the same amount at the same week.  It seemed I was gaining a pound a week at first! I was anxious about it as well at first, but then, I just had to stop worrying. I was keeping healthy in all aspects, so I was meant to gain what I gained.
  • Between my third and 5th month I gained 20 pounds but now I am 7 1.2 months pregnant and have only gained one pound in the last 2 1.2 months! Don't worry as long as you are eating healthy you have nothing to worry about :
  • I 'm 5'3 and started at 135. I'm almost 36 wks and weigh 171. I too am all belly. I can still put on my old jeans but of course can't even come close to getting them buttoned & zipped. 

I wouldn't be concerned unless your doctor is. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • You sound like me. I'm 32 weeks and I've already gained 34 lbs. I'm not thrilled by that, but my midwife isn't concerned.  So I'm trying not to stress about it. As long as your OB/MW isn't saying anything, then don't worry.  And try to remember, everyone gains at different rates. As long as you have a healthy diet, then try to think of it as your body needs it. 
    BabyFetus Ticker image Anniversary FuzziBunz at Nurtured Family
  • Thank you so much everyone for your advice/reassurance.

I would say 5 days a week I eat mainly healthy snacks throughout the day and a hearty but healthy meal in the evenings. At weekends I tend to let my hair down a little more and have treats.

I do get very tired in the evenings so I'm probably not burning off as many calories as I used to.

I hope I've just gained early on!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"