Trying to Get Pregnant

Let the Games Begin

Oh, hey there. I am finally ready, so here it goes.

Via my many days of creeping, here is proof that I can ace this test.

1. While you ladies are very amazing, you are not psychics. You cannot determine the status of my uterus via computer, so I will not ask.  

2. I am aware that my personal cycle may or may not be different from a previous cycle. It will surely be different from another woman?s cycle. Therefore, I will not ask questions regarding twinges, funny feelings or random symptoms that are also indicators of a cold, flu, tummy aches, period, ovulation, food poisoning or general bitchy-ness.

3.   There is no such thing as TMI.  We are talking about fluids, the frequency of stalking significant others due to said fluid and crazy tendencies bc of this process. Let?s just assume every post will include TMI for online communication and move on.  

4.   I have read the newbie link.

5.  I can take and dish snark on the regular.

6. I may have a lapse in judgment from time to time and ask a dumb/obvious/already been asked/question. Please just send me the link to this post and I will catch the drift.

The Lovey Stuff: We are both 27. We have been friends for many years, together for a little more than two years and married for six months. We are excited to bring a little babe in the mix, but are realistic about this process, from start to finish. I am pretty much obsessed with this man and can?t wait to see him as a father.

The Nitty Gritty: My momma scared me to death with the ?look at a boy, totes pregs,? to keep me out of trouble. I thought if I missed a pill, I would be Octo-Mom. Clearly, I am learning the real deal.

I have been off the pill since Nov. 2011, after being on it for roughly 10 yrs. We have been ?trying? for about six months. I use the word trying loosely, bc we thought that it would happen immediately, so we didn't think twice about it. I know six months is not very long, at all, but again, they tell you in health class ?it only takes ONE time." As each month has passed, we seem to be more aware of the pressure of ?trying," and we add a new element that we think will help (tracking cycles, timing better, friendlier aides, vitamins, etc.) My cycles range from 30 to 35 days, but I have been known to have a never-ending cycle a time or two. (See number 2). Currently, I am keeping track of my cycles via calendar (when it starts, when it ends, marking my FW according to ovulation predictors). I would like to hang with you ladies to learn a bit more, if you would be so kind.

Bringing in the A Team: After six months, I feel like I need to get off of the sidelines and into the game. I have dropped the "we will be starting our family soon," to the parents and close friends, but I don't really have anyone to discuss this process with. My DH is a saint, but he can only listen so much before turning on ESPN. Most of all, I need some humor. This process gets a bit stressful, mentally and physically.

I believe I am currently in my TWW, according to past cycles and general aches and pains, with an expected AF around Feb 10 ? 12. After this cycle, I will begin temping and charting, if needed. I know that is the best way to predict ovulation, timing, etc. *** is about to get real.

Hopefully 2013 is our year, ladies.

(Sry. Holy long post. Never again will I subject you to that. Ain?t nobody got time for that.)

Xo

Re: Let the Games Begin

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"