December 2010 Moms

Sleep help.

Sorry to be a pw, but I thought those of you struggling with super-early risers might want to know about this clock that you can set to change colors at a certain time and then coach your LO that they can't wake you until it's green.

https://www.amazon.com/American-Innovative-Teach-Talking-Nightlight/dp/B003D7KV0Q/ref=pd_sim_hg_3

It's revolutionized our 5:30-6:00 AM waker to get up at 6:45 consistently. (We could probably set it back slightly to 7:00-ish without him noticing...but didn't want to push our luck). I was amazed how quickly he got it and now I hear him say "it's green mama, it's green! I get up now!"

Re: Sleep help.

• That's super cool. Is he in a crib or a bed now? Not sure why that matters but I feel the need to ask.
    With molars B's having so much trouble with his night sleep that we have no problem with early waking. But it's going into my arsenal for later.
    photo 8653f130-7264-42f4-8d67-9a73d64cacce_zps8c973e49.jpg

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #1 4/14/10. Big B born 12/28/10.

BFP #2 5/27/12. EDD 2/1/13. m/c and D&C 6/21/12.
  • Crib. I don't mess with a good thing, and he hasn't tried to climb out. I spose we may switch him before #2 comes in early July, but I'm not looking forward to it!
  • Loading the player...
  • We were thinking about doing this for Evan. Since we switched him into a toddler bed he's been getting up early. He miraculously started sleeping until like 7:30 this week though so we'll see what happens! Thanks for the info!
  • Thanks for the rec!  I was just thinking about this yesterday.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • THANK YOU for posting this. I am about to write a "help me" post about sleep and this is something that could help, though we have additional problems. A 6 am wake-up is actually ok for us, but the 5:15 one is not. 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We also got something similar it has a sleeping bunny and awake bunny. Now T stays in bed until 6:45 instead of 6:00 and yells 'bunny up!' as he comes running into our room ;
    photo 928560AF-AAA0-4036-A0DB-1781F180055B-8057-000009B95DF7BAAA_zps4aeff975.jpg Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"