Natural Birth
Options

I forgot how much I love "Your Best Birth"

(the Rikki Lake book). I read it near the end of my last pregnancy and remembered it was good, so it's the second book I've picked up this time (the first being "Panic-Free Pregnancy"). And it makes me feel so excited to have a baby again! I've almost hired my doula (we decided to go with the backup that attended Owen's birth). I'm back with the same doctor as last time, so I have confidence that she's great and what she says is what she does.

Anyway, if you like "The Business of Being Born", you'd love "Your Best Birth". It's great.

Re: I forgot how much I love "Your Best Birth"

• Options
    I just checked it out from the library this morning! Can't wait to read it. :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I loved that one!  It's really nice to have a book that I can recommend to other moms who want to know more about natural birth, without making myself sound like a relic (or  a hippie).  Don't get me wrong...I love reading Ina May's and Bradley's books.  But to someone just looking for a little information, they can be a bit intense. :-)
    IAmPregnant TickerBabyFruit TickerPregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    That's one that I am buying to read. its in line for my paycheck this friday. :)
    Eat your food people. You are pregnant, not made of glass. ~PrimRoseMama
    The Benes Boys were born 9/3/13! woooo
    imageimage
  • Options

imageHappywife86:
    I loved that one!  It's really nice to have a book that I can recommend to other moms who want to know more about natural birth, without making myself sound like a relic (or  a hippie).  Don't get me wrong...I love reading Ina May's and Bradley's books.  But to someone just looking for a little information, they can be a bit intense. :-)

Yes, I have kept away of those books because I have an anti-hippie shield that will not let me even finish one chapter... Also I don't want to change my mind about natural birth and I think reading about natural birth as the ONLY good way would make me go against it. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers     Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Surprise BFP on 11/02/12 EDD 07/06/13 --> Express wedding on 12/29/2012 --> G was born on 07/15/13
    *Multicultural family raising a multilingual toddler: Spanish, Italian, Dutch and English

• Options
    imagesandraynic:

imageHappywife86:

Yes, I have kept away of those books because I have an anti-hippie shield that will not let me even finish one chapter... Also I don't want to change my mind about natural birth and I think reading about natural birth as the ONLY good way would make me go against it. 

A good general book is "The Big Book of Birth". It's probably slanted a bit pro-epidural, but it's got good information about all the options.

Personally, the more I read, the more I can't help be convinced that natural birth is the best option. I still can't get into Ina May and Bradley, though. It's just too emotional for my scientific brain. I prefer a bit more of the "cold hard facts" perspective.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"