C-sections
Options

Has anyone had 4c sections

I am currently pregnant with my fourth child. I have had three c sections all were girls.. Lol, but I know for a fact that my pelvic region is too small for actual birth, has anyone else went through that. 

Re: Has anyone had 4c sections

• Options
    Im just curious if it was safe, anyone was considered high risk. I've also had the gastric bypass so the extra scar tissue could be an issue. I had the full gastric bypass in 2004, and have had two successful pregnancies after, but all three were c sections.
  • Options
    My girlfriend is currently pregnant with #5. 1, 3& 4 were c/s. #5 will be a c/s also.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    If I get pregnant again, it will be c/s #4 for me.  My Dr said he didn't see a problem with it since when he looked at my uterus the last time, it seemed just fine.
  • Options

imagemochamom04:
    Im just curious if it was safe, anyone was considered high risk. I've also had the gastric bypass so the extra scar tissue could be an issue. I had the full gastric bypass in 2004, and have had two successful pregnancies after, but all three were c sections.

I dont mean to be ugly but its a little late to wonder if a 4th c-section is safe.  You are already pregnant so the baby has to come out some how.  The number of csections should be determined by your OB based on the about of scar tissue present and the thickness of your uterus. 

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • Options

Back in early nineties my mother was told to stop having kids or else find another doctor (3 Csections).

The OB I had with LO1, also had a patient that was a RCS (3rd or 4th CS) and she removed a bunch of the scar tissue during the last CS then told the mother that she could have more kids if she wanted. Whether or not the doctor was serious and/or the parents followed thru, I cannot say.

"What are you having?" "Well the radiologist says its a healthy little human baby. I'm a little disappointed, because I really wanted a puppy." LOL
  • Options
    I've had 4 c-sections. This last one was by far my easiest - PG, actual c/s and recovery. BUT, I also worked out during this PG and had a personal trainer. My OB told me that I had minimal scarring for someone with that many c-sections. I could have more if I want, but we are done having kids.
    image Mommy to Barbara 11/8/05, Elisabeth 5/13/07, Loukas 12/23/08 and Lazarus 09/25/12
  • Options
    This past section (6w ago) was my 4th and I had twins. My OB was prepared for the worst and said it was textbook. Minimal bleeding, very little scar tissue, lots of fluid, very fast and easy. My recovery was the easiest of them by far. I could have more if I want, but we now have a LOT of kids pretty close in age, so we're taking a very long break! 
    imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My sister has had 4 csections, and is fine. Not much you can do about it now, anyway!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I've also had 4 c-sections. Mine were all done within 5.5 years. I had my tubes tied with this last birth because my uterine wall was pretty thin, so it was a good choice for us.

I love my OB and trust her completely. Hopefully you feel the same about your OB and can talk with him/her about your fears/worries. Good luck!

Photos taken by Becky Thompson
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"