Secondary IF

Intro and ??

Hi ladies!  I just wanted to jump in finally and say hello.  My name is Amy and I have PCOS and a possible egg issue.  I was blessed enough to concieve DS on our first cycle trying.

We have now been trying for #2 for 1.5 yeas with help of a RE for 6months.  We were just given the green light to start our fourth medicated cycle, but I have a feeling it will end the same as the last one, no response.

Now for my question.  How many cycles did you go thru before having the IVF talk?  We haven't even done an IUI yet and my dr. is already talking about IVF.

TIA!

Married Dh: 10/04/2008 DS born: 12/12/09 TTC #2: 05/11 Cycle 1: clomid 100mg: cancelled, no reponse Cycle 2: Femara 7.5mg: trigger cycle day 17 + TI: BFN Cycle 3: Femara 7.5mg: Cancelled, no reponse Cycle 4: Femara 7.5mg: TBD Proud navy wife, mother and surgical nurse!

Re: Intro and ??

• Welcome. I hope your stay is short.
    I did two medicated cycles and then three IUI. Most RE switch things up after three trys. If you are open to IVF I'd go that route, better odds.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • You can read more details in my siggy below, but we did 5 clomid rounds with one IUI in there, then 3 injectable cycles with timed intercourse (bc RE didnt think tubes were my issue) then we moved to IVF.  It's been a long loong year.  It's def my eggs that are the issue. GL!
    TTC#1: 14 months on our own (did HSG, b/w, SA);
    BFP on Cycle 14--TWINS! Identical twin boys stillborn at 19wks(1/9/10)
    3 break cycles; took clomid 50mg, BFP #2 Beta #1 35, Beta #2 338!!! Owen was born 2/11/11! 
    TTC#2: 4 cycles on clomid: BFNs
    BFP #3: Cycle #5 100mg clomid; beta #1 21; beta #2 6=CP 
    Cycle #6 break cycle TTC no meds=BFN
    Cycle #7: 150 clomid+ovidril+IUI=BFN (switched to RE)
    Cycle #8: follistem+ovidril+TI=BFN
    Cycle #9 Forced break due to cyst
    Cycle #10 follistem+ovidril+TI=BFN
    Cycle #11 follistem+ovidril+TI=BFN
    Cycle#12 Forced break due to cyst, went on BCP; did repeat HSG, Saline U/S
    Cycle #13 IVF: Follistim/Menapur ER 11-30 11 eggs, 5 mature, 4 fertilized and 3dt on 12-3; BFN
    Cycle #14: IVF#2 lupron/follistim/menopur ER 1-22, 19 eggs, 14 fertilized, 5dt on 1-27, BFP!! beta 1: 63, beta 2: 119; EDD 10-15-13; 1 frozen embie
    Miracle Surprise BFP, EDD 10-1-15; saw HB great Betas, 11weeks lost baby MC at home
    Moved forward with FET transfered solo frostie on 6-4-15, beta 1: 315, beta 2: 738, u/s showed one baby on track EDD 2-21-16
  • Loading the player...
  • I jumped right into IUIs because of a cervical factor.  We did one IUI w/ clomid and then 3 IUIs with injectables/letrozole before moving to IVF.  If you have insurance coverage for IVF or if you have the funds to do it, then if it were me I'd jump right to it.  But, that is easy for me to say after 4 failed IUIs!  Good luck!
    TTC #3 (#1 for DH) since September 2011. DX: Unexplained infertility with possible cervical factor. May 2012 did clomid with IUI - BFN August 2012 IUI #2 w/ follistim/letrozole - BFN September 2012 IUI #3 w/ follistim/letrozole - BFN October 2012 IUI #4 w/ follistim/letrozole - BFN November/December 2012 IVF/ICSI #1 Retrieved 12 eggs, 8 fertilized. Transferred 1 beautiful embryo and 5 made it to freeze. Got my BFP! January 2013 u/s showed empty gestational sac. FET cycle April 2013.  Transferred 2 5 day embryos.  BFP!!!!!  2 heartbeats!!!!  EDD:  12/27/13
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"