December 2012 Moms
Options

Spoiling

I've had it with people telling me that my baby is spoiled! I was with a friend and Ivy started crying, so I picked her up, put her on my shoulder and she stopped crying. My friend was like, wow, she sure is spoiled, isn't she? Um, no, she isn't. What would you suggest, me let her cry to teach her a good old fashioned lesson? Because it is wrong for me to calm my 8 week old daughter? Really?? Anyway, this is the third time in a week someone has made that comment to me and I'm done trying to explain myself to stupid people.

Oh! And I got the side eye from a relative for "still breastfeeding" because she isn't a "newborn" anymore. Oh. My. God. I would hate to know what things will be said of me when I'm "still breastfeeding" at a year.

Sigh.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Spoiling

• Options
    Welcome to motherhood. People will judge you for everything from here on out! It gets worse once they are older too. Then they will judge for what you do or do not feed your child, car seat usage, ect. It's annoying. DH's side gives me crap for being the only one who is firmly in the "no soda" camp for my 2 year old.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    imageNana_Osaki06:
    Welcome to motherhood. People will judge you for everything from here on out! It gets worse once they are older too. Then they will judge for what you do or do not feed your child, car seat usage, ect. It's annoying. DH's side gives me crap for being the only one who is firmly in the "no soda" camp for my 2 year old.
    all of this. I also got a lecture about how my 2 year old is going to go crazy if I never let him have ice cream, soda or candy. He gets his share of junk, trust me. I just don't like him to have it all the time and he loves fruit, so what's wrong about him having an orange for dessert?!?!?! He actually doesn't even like chocolate or cake!

And I was accused of spoiling DD today (at 7.5 weeks old) by H. Why? Because she cried out so I went to her. Now I'm afraid if I leave her with him he'll just let her cry :/
    photo 928560AF-AAA0-4036-A0DB-1781F180055B-8057-000009B95DF7BAAA_zps4aeff975.jpg Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I get that too when I cuddle my daughter to calm her down. Especially from my husbands grandmother.
  • Options

I have a 3year old DS... he is SPOILED. I don't care. He is not ruined, and he is super smart, independent and all the things I would ever want in a child. Where did this whole spoiled=bad thing start? because its not true.

Just want to let all the moms out there know if you want to spoil your child do it. Don't let anyone tell you how to parent your child. I love my children and they know it, because there is not anything that I won't do for them. Their opinions are the only ones that matter. They are happy so=Winning!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BFP#1 on 02/14/09 BIRTH to Mason 6lb9oz on 10/12/09

BFP#2 on 5/28/11 EDD 2/1/12 Natural M/C on 6/13/11

BFP#3 on 1/20/12 EDD 9/30/12 Natural m/c on 1/27/12

BFP#4 on 4/23/12 BIRTH to Isabella 7lb1oz on 12/19/12

• Options
    I will never understand the high expectations some people have for newborns.
    DS (7 years old) from FET in 2010
    DD (5 years old) from IUI in 2012
    TTC 3rd and final!: IUI #1 in progress!
  • Options
    imageAimeeL85:

Newborns and babies in general, I agree.
    BFP: 12/20/13 EDD: 08/23/14 (discovered m/c at 8w5d)
    BFP: 09/22/14 EDD: 06/06/15 (hoping for our rainbow)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

imageNoeliaV:
    imageAimeeL85:
    Newborns and babies in general, I agree.

Agree.  

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Blogging about boobs, babies, bed lust & everything in between since 2007.
  • Options

I hear ya! I'm always being told to let her "cry it out"... "it's good for her lungs".

I'm her mother, if I want to pick her up to soothe her, i'm going to! I can't stand these people that think they know everything about motherhood and they have to put their two sense in. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Ok, someone tell me what is wrong with just saying, "yup" when someone says the child is spoiled? There is nothing wrong with giving the child with affection and love; especially so young if they consider that spoiled, fine, the child is spoiled according to their definition.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

I would just shake my head at those people and brush it off. You literally can't spoil a baby at this age, and I am a little surprised anyone thinks it's weird your still breastfeeding. Most people breastfeed for at least 6 months if that's the route they choose. But that's how people work I guess. I have been judged on EVERY little thing I do with my kids since the day I have my FB 2 years ago. Apparently to my friends and family I am a terrible person for going back to work in two weeks. Ha. Your baby is definitely still a newborn, and deserves those snuggles!

But if I were you, I would be biting off heads left and right. Ha. 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image  image
  • Options

I'm a baby wearer a.k.a. kangamom. People gave me a lot of grief over carrying her as much as I did. I loved it. I cherished it. And she is doing just great now. My son and I are enjoying our time with the Moby now.

Don't listen to people.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    The breastfeeding comment you got is amazing. Jeez, mom, give that girl a cheeseburger! ;
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"