Adoption

Big update

For those of you not on the FB board, I thought I should probably put out a post here too.

Yesterday morning we got a call from our SW regarding a baby boy born last Thursday who was placed in foster care through our agency needing to find adoptive parents. We were sent the profile of the BPs and baby and we decided to go ahead with having our profile shown this coming Thursday morning for the potential placement.

Yesterday afternoon I got another call from our SW telling us that the EM who took our profile home, alone with 10 others a week ago has narrowed down the families from 11 to 3 and we are one of them!!! We went ahead and set up a time to meet with her Wednesday 2/6 at our agency. 

However, this threw a spin on the foster care placement and our SW wasn't sure if we'd still be able to be considered for the baby boy. I just heard from her this morning and the head SW agreed that we should still plan on being shown to the BPs this week for baby boy as we weren't the only family asked to meet with the EM next week for the other placement.

So we have two situations in the works right now and it's SO HARD not to be freaked out, nervous, etc. It's not in our hands, and this whole adoption thing has been a constant roller coaster since we got home study approved 2 months ago. I have to say, though, if either one of the potential placements don't work out for us, I'm going to have a very difficult time with it given our failed match last month. BUT...given we came out of that situation standing firmly on the ground with two feet, I rest assured we will again should this not come through.

If we are chosen for the baby boy in foster care, we start transitioning right away for several days with them at the foster family's house. We would then be taken out of the running with the EM due in April. If we aren't chosen for the foster care situation, we will proceed with meeting the EM next week.

CRAZY PANTS!

:::FOLLOW MY HALF MARATHON TRAINING:::

:::Our Adoption Journey:::

Evan James was born 1/24/13 and matched with us 2/20/13. The LOVE OF MY LIFE!!!

Re: Big update

• Wow!  Here's hoping the best of all situations will work out for all of you!
  • Wow that's a lot to take in.  Good luck and keep us posted!
    Married Since 09/2006, TTC Since 09/2010 
    DX: Unexplained infertility, DH normal 
    3 Femara cycles - Oct, Nov, Dec 2011, all BFNs 
    IVF #1, ER 2/15 (5R, 4M, 4F), ET 2/18, Beta 2/29 = BFN :( 
    Follistim + IUI on 6/25 = BFN 
    Home Study Finalized 8/14/12! Profile Active - 8/17/12! 
    Officially Matched 8/29/12, Our perfect angel born 9/25/12! 
    Biggest surprise ever, unexpected BFP on 4/12/13! 

Our Angel through Adoption
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Our Little Miracle
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • exciting and crazy!!  Just said a prayer for you and your husband.  Good luck! 
  • It never rains til it pours.... 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Fingers crossed that one of these situations brings your child home to you. Good luck!!
  • I'm praying that the best situation works out for you!
    TTC since June 2010
    5 Angels

Lilypie - (hlC0)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Prayers for you and good luck! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker}

• A lot to deal with!  Easier said than done, but try to look on the bright side which is you have only been HS approved for 2 months and this is your 3rd situation right now.  Some people wait a year for even 1.
    7/18/12-1st RE appointment CD2 blood work taken. Told to move straight to IVF. Starting BC pills and FSH injections plus Lupron. Hopefully doing ET in September Off BCP March 2011 Started TTC July 2011 7 months TTC with no luck an then.... Diagnosed 2/24/12 with 2 Ovarian Cysts. 3/22/12-Lap to remove cysts, look for endo, and see if tubes are clear. 3/22/12-Diagnosed with Severe Endo(tubes are clear). 4/4/12-Post op OBGYN appointment. Told chances of conceiving naturally are very low, but told conceiving in the next few months is our best chance due to being cleaned out during Lap. Referred to a RE. RE said IVF is our only chance to get pregnant. Told only a 20% chance even with two put in. 9/5-Lupron 9/20 Stims(Menopur & Follistim) 9/30 Trigger time 10/2 ER 10/3 fert report-out of 7 eggs retrieved only 2 fertilized. Hello "Thing 1 and Thing 2!" Kinda sad there is none to freeze. Because only 2 we will have 2DT to get them back into a natural envionment 10/4 ET. Found out that only 1 divided. We love you "Thing 2." Thing 1 is now snuggled inside me and we are praying it will be our take home baby! **Did not even make it to my beta, the day before on 10/16/12 I got my F'in period** Such a stab in the heart. Nov 2012-Moving onto domestic newborn adoption! Can't wait for my take home baby. We will try IVF again after 1-2 years of a clear head. Need a break from infertility treatments/issues for my mental sanity! image
  • Good Luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • WOW! T&P that the right situation works out for you guys.

Mother of two wonderful boys! Blessed through adoption.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"