Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

8 week old with chest congestion

My 8 week old has a lot of congestion in her throat and chest. She has a little bit of a wet cough but doesn't seen to have any trouble breathing. I'm planning on calling the Dr in the morning but had anyone had this issue?
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: 8 week old with chest congestion

• Options
    I would definitely go to the pedi because it's RSV and flu season. DS had RSV at 2 months and it was scary stuff, but luckily we caught it early. Babies this young don't usually cough.

Coughing: You should call if your child:

is less than 3 months old
    is breathing more rapidly than usual or looks like he's working harder to breathe
    is wheezing
    has little streaks of blood in the mucus he coughs up
    is running a fever of at least 101 degrees Fahrenheit if he's 3 to 6 months old or 103 degrees F if he's 6 months or older
    has a chronic illness, such as heart or lung disease
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I would probably call the on call Dr. at the pedi's office. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #1 since 3/11

BFP #1 5/4/11 EDD 1/12/12 natural m/c 5/17/11

BFP #2 8/9/11 EDD 4/18/12 ectopic pregnancy (methotrexate) 8/24/11 ruptured tube and removal 8/29/11

BFP #3 3/9/12 EDD 11/19/12 Logan born 11/18/12

BFP #4 10/21/14 EDD 6/30/15

~*~*Everyone Welcome*~*~
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Fever or not, I would call the on call pedi just in case. If you don't already have one, get a cool mist humidifier and a nose frida. Also saline for the nose as well. If it is RSV, maybe you can catch it early and get breathing treatments. 
  • Options

I'm a lurker here but I have a 4 week old with congestion. Its mostly in her nose, but no runny mucus. She mostly sounds like she's snoring all the time. I took her in to see her Pedi this afternoon who tested for RSV (was negative) and checked for fluid in her lung. Everything was clear except she has really obvious congestion. They advised me to use a saline solution to drip in her nose and then suck it out with a bulb thing (don't remember what they're called). 

Hope your LO feels better. Definitely go to your Pedi.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"