Health & Exercise

Nerve pain?

I've been having pain in my lower back, right buttock, down my right leg. Even some numbness that makes my entire leg feel like its asleep. My husband can send shooting pain up down with a single finger during a back massage! It started right after childbirth is still lingering off on after 8 months!! I haven't complained to my doctor about it because this was my first child everyone told me to expect some pain as things shifted back into place. But this doesn't seem right anymore; is this normal? Has this happened to anyone else?? Suggestions please!!

Re: Nerve pain?

• I would guess sciatica?

Talk to your doc and ask for a referal for physical therapy.  Not normal and not okay.

• Sorry to hear about your pain.  Numbness and tingling in your extremities implies some type of spinal injury/condition with nerve compression.  But, this would have to be confirmed through neurological testing and/or MRI of your spine.  I have a herniated disc in my neck (cervical spine) which was diagnosed through an MRI about 6 years ago, and I have finally found ways to manage it without surgery. I did go through physical therapy, chiropractic, neurological testing...you name it. I would consult your physician with your symptoms, and he/she may order an MRI to refine a diagnosis.  Good luck. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic image Married 9/24/11 & TTC #1
    ~Trying for our rainbow baby~
    Me: 33 Him: 34
    Not preventing since 1/1/2012
    BFP #1 1/21/12 mmc @ 9wks d&c 3/5/12
    TTA until 9/1/12
    2 AO/irregular cycles Oct/Nov with abnormal TSH b/w
    Started TTC again 12/1/12
    BFP #2 12/31/2012 c/p 1/5/13
  • Loading the player...
  • I remember reading that this can happen. Talk to your dr about sciatica.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"