Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

102.3 fever....

My lil miss is almost 18 months old, and out of the blue today she came down with a fever of 102.3. I assumed it was due to teething, but now I have friends saying "oh my gosh, that's so high. Rush her in ASAP! No way is it teething!" Thing is, she's acting completely normal! Laughing and playing like nothing is wrong. She's had much lower fevers and been completely lethargic, etc. I gave her Tylenol nearly 2 hours ago, and it's gone down. Have any of you experienced a temp this high while LO was teething? She's been cranky for a few days, and I see at least one new tooth popping through. 
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Photobucket

Re: 102.3 fever....

• 102 for a fever for a toddler is not something I worry about.  Maybe if it lasted three days, or if meds didn't take it down.  I certainly wouldn't take her in to the doctor without any other signs (lethargy, complete lack of appetite, etc.).
    IMG_8355
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • That's exactly what I was thinking. She gobbled down her dinner. I gave her a few teething tablets at all. I'm really not concerned right now....just wanted input from others :) 
  • Loading the player...
  • imageAMcLaws:
    That's exactly what I was thinking. She gobbled down her dinner. I gave her a few teething tablets at all. I'm really not concerned right now....just wanted input from others :) 

*teething tablets also 

• Our pedi told us that parents are always too concerned with the number of the fever vs. how the kiddo is acting. Sort of like you said, she's much more worried about a 100* fever with a child who is lethargic and not eating or sleeping well than one with a 103* fever who is playful and well-hydrated.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We have a high fever right now too.  It's been staying around 103.4.  Yesterday she was mostly fine, just tired.  Today she is coughing and throwing up too.  If the fever remains high into tomorrow afternoon or her symptoms get worse we will bring her in.  Our pedi has a 72 hour policy on anything over 103 without other major symptoms.  5 days for anything between 101 and 103.
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I'll just keep an eye on it. She did wake up crying last night, but was back to sleep in no time. Still sleeping this morning. Only time will tell, I guess. I hope it's not a virus though. We were finally almost over all the sick in our house!
  • All the replies made me feel much better!

DD was sent home from daycare yesterday because she had a fever of 100.6.   I'm almost positive it's because of teething there are no other symptoms.

But the rule is that she has to be fever free for 24 hours before returning so she's home today.  What made me slight irritated is the the people at daycare were kind of urging me to take DD to the doctor.  They kept saying that there's so much stuff going around and I should find out if DD has ear infection or strep.

To me, 100.6 isn't that high and it went down quickly after tylenol.   Not to mention DD is acting perfectly normal otherwise.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageSnow1010:
    All the replies made me feel much better!DD was sent home from daycare yesterday because she had a fever of 100.6. nbsp; I'm almost positive it's because of teething there are no other symptoms.But the rule is that she has to be fever free for 24 hours before returning so she's home today.nbsp; What made me slight irritated is the the people at daycare were kind of urging me to take DD to the doctor.nbsp; They kept saying that there's so much stuff going around and I should find out if DD has ear infection or strep.To me, 100.6 isn't that high and it went down quickly after tylenol. nbsp; Not to mention DD is acting perfectly normal otherwise. nbsp;

I feel the same way. 100.6 isn't that high. My LO had a fever of 101.3 when she woke up. I offered some breakfast, but she didn't want much. She's drank everything I offered her though. I'm still in no hurry to rush her in. Too many germs at the office. And she's cranky, but otherwise acting fine. Only time will tell, i suppose
  • imageAMcLaws:
    That's exactly what I was thinking. She gobbled down her dinner. I gave her a few teething tablets at all. I'm really not concerned right now....just wanted input from others :) 

I was going to echo what PP said, but looks like that won't be necessary :D

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageBlueCards:
    Our pedi told us that parents are always too concerned with the number of the fever vs. how the kiddo is acting. Sort of like you said, she's much more worried about a 100 fever with a child who is lethargic and not eating or sleeping well than one with a 103 fever who is playful and wellhydrated.

This
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"