April 2012 Moms
Options

Physical Therapy ?

I haven't been on in months due to my lap top dying. Took ds into his 9 month appointment and talked to my Dr about ds's lack of leg usage. He won't put weight on his legs or try to crawl. He does do a swimming kick with them breaststroke style. She isn't sure what is going on so she recommended pt and an ultrasound. She is trying to see if it is spinal instead of neurological. Has anyone's lo had pt and if so what did they do with your lo? Hopefully there weren't too many typos as I'm posting from my nook.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Physical Therapy ?

• Options
    hi! my dd went to pt at around 2 to 3 months of age...i can't remember exactly...for her torticollis.  and she just going again recently b/c her pedi was mildly concerned b/c she didn't/couldn't roll at 6 months.  anyway, our pt did exercises masked as games for our lo and taught us how to exercise with her at home.  when she got too grumpy or whiny she stopped as she didn't want the exercises to be a negative thing for lo.  since our issues are different than yours, i'm sure the precise exercises will be different but same concept.  good luck!
  • Options
    We went to physical therapy starting at 2 months for Torticollis also.  It was all play therapy (rolling on a ball, looking at toys, etc.).  I really looked forward to it each week because it was almost like our own private little 1 hour class where she could tell me all sorts of different activities to do when we were at home. I always got a print out that had pictures of what to do at home which really helped us a lot.  We went for 7 months and just stopped going.. I miss it and her therapist a lot!! I know our situation is different than yours, but I wish you the best and hopefully you have a great experience with it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"