Detroit Babies

Help! Napping troubles

My son is almost 4 months old. I am still nursing but he sleeps well at night. I put him down around 7:30pm most of the time he is sleepy but still awake. I am able to leave the room and he falls asleep on his own we watch him on the monitor he sleeps for 46 hour stretches. My issue is his napping. He fights falling asleep and when he does fall asleep during the day...he always wakes up after 30 min!!! Whether it's quiet in the room or I've tried music or sounds...whether it's in his crib, on the couch, on his activity mat....it's always 30 minutes! How do I get him to nap longer??

Re: Help! Napping troubles

• We had that issue, it can be very frustrating. But I kept a sound machine in his room and kept to somewhat of a schedule and after about a month of bad 30 min naps he finally out grew it and started sleeping longer. Hang in there it should pass.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagemichelleigh24:
    We had that issue, it can be very frustrating. But I kept a sound machine in his room and kept to somewhat of a schedule and after about a month of bad 30 min naps he finally out grew it and started sleeping longer. Hang in there it should pass.

I agree with this.  We had a similar issue and after sticking to a routine and using a sound machine he got much better about napping. 

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"