Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

How much does your LO eat?

My sons both eat about 4ozs or so per feeding at 2 months old.  When they are doing through growth spurts they can eat up to 6ozs.  The doc says wow thats a lot.. the daycare says that sound about right.  So I am wondering. How much does your LO eat?

Also, I just tried to do a poll and it won't let me.  Is the bump broken?? I tried in IE and Chome.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: How much does your LO eat?

• Options
    DD eats 4oz-5.5oz per feeding, and has been eating that much since she was about 2 months old.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    BFP #1 - 8/28/11 -- MMC at 11w2d - Discovered at 13w5d on 11/7/11 -- D&C on 11/11/11
    BFP #2 2/3/12 - EDD 10/15/12 - Born 10/16/12 Lilypie First Birthday tickers ~*~Everyone Welcome ~*~
  • Options
    I think you are getting different reactions because it varies so much from baby to baby and also formula fed to breast milk fed babies.

DD1 pretty early on moved herself to 3 oz. and eventually maxed out at 4 oz. Even at 12 months old she never took more than 4 oz. We never had to buy the big bottles.

I think DD2 already takes more than that but I don't know because she hates bottles and only wants the boob.

They all do their own thing.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

She eats about 4.5 - 5 ounces every four hours at almost six weeks.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    imageimage
  • Options
    My kid only eats between 2-4 oz of formula every 2-3 hours.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    My DS is 8wks and eats about 4oz every 2-3 hours.  Somtimes I'm lucky to get 3.5 to 4 hrs in between, but not often.  He'll also take 5-7oz during a growth spurt where he likes to cluster feed.  He sometimes likes to snack at night only taking 2 or so oz...probably why he doesnt sleep too long.  But then he will have a four or five hour stretch with maybe just a cry out or adjustment.  I'm hoping to get him figured out before I go back to work in March and he goes to Daycare.  I'm rambling!
    <BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I think it sounds completely normal. My LO has been eating 3.5-4.5oz per feeding since about 2 months, and just now is getting into the 5+ range.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I was wondering the same thing.  My son eats between 4-5.5 oz per feeding and eats about every 3 hours.  He takes less than 4 usually in his middle of the nite feedings and I have yet to understand why.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"