December 2011 Moms
Options

Napping Issues - Down to Only One 30-minute Nap?

DD used to take 2 naps a day, totaling about 3 hours.  Then she started sleeping in later about 2 weeks ago, so we were only putting her down for 1 nap, totaling about 1.25 hours.  All of a sudden, she is back to waking up earlier than before in the morning and refusing to sleep for more than 30 minutes the ENTIRE day.  She's obviously exhausted, but when we try to get her to nap, she'll fall asleep really quickly on me or DH but screams the second we try to put her down.  I'm a stay-at-home mom, so I don't know why separation anxiety would be kicking in.  Is that what this is?  We've also started trying to wean her off bottles recently.  She's drinking the same amount of milk but with fewer bottles.  She's teething, but Tylenol and Orajel have both failed to help her sleep and she's never had too many issues with teething before.  Please help!  I know it can't be good for her to only sleep 11 hours a day!

Re: Napping Issues - Down to Only One 30-minute Nap?

• Options
    Not sure what to say but DS is doing this too all of a sudden. Maybe getting 2 naps for a total of 45 min, and waking up earlier. I've heard that they sleep less before a big milestone, so I'm hoping he's about to walk or something.
    photo IMG_2317_zpsa2789747.jpg
  • Options

She's been walking for about 2 months, and I remember reading that it can cause waking, but I don't know if it's normal for it to last this long or start up this long after hitting the milestone.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"