November 2012 Moms

What's in your freezer stash?

Ladies who are freezing your BM...tell me about it

how much is in your stash and when did you start it?

how do you freeze it (ex 4oz, 2oz at a time) and where? (Regular freezer,freezer chest)

do you have a goal for how much you want in your stash?

what do you use your stash for(daycare, future use, emergencies)?

I guess this goes with the above question but have you started rotating?

I have about 150oz right now and have been pumping and freezing since week 2, I freeze 4oz at a time in the Medela bags

I would like to have enough for a month in my freezer which I assume would be about 900 ounces which sounds so insane but I'm considering getting a chest freezer for this purpose 

right now I'm mostly pumping so I just freeze my extra which is about 2 bags a day and I have just started to rotate so that she is getting 1 bag a day that is from the previous month

Re: What's in your freezer stash?

• I have no idea how much I have in there, but probably 20 bags or so and they mostly all have 6 ounces in them; they are in the regular freezer.  I started pumping when DS2 was 4 weeks old.  

No goal in mind.  My plan is for E to get a bag of frozen every day while at daycare and then I will put a bag back in to freeze.  I haven't started rotating; if he needs a bottle I just pump at night so he will have it the next day.   

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • how much is in your stash and when did you start it?

I have no idea how much is in there.  He's 8 weeks old and I started freezing at 3 weeks old.  On average, I freeze 5 oz/day. 

how do you freeze it (ex 4oz, 2oz at a time) and where? (Regular freezer,freezer chest)

It's in the regular freezer (almost full), 5 oz at a time.  I'm thinking about buying a chest because soon we'll have no room! 

do you have a goal for how much you want in your stash?

Not really.  Enough to last a couple of months. 

what do you use your stash for(daycare, future use, emergencies)?

I haven't used any of it and I don't know what I'll use it for. 

I guess this goes with the above question but have you started rotating?

No, but they're all labeled by date and separated by freezer bag, labeled.  So I know where the oldest is. 

• Loading the player...
  • I didn't have a very big stash, about 30oz but I donated all of it. I was pumping some so that MH could feed D, but this whole week D is refusing any bottle.

I did 4oz at a time in Lansinoh freezer bags.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Y'all are going to hate me.

how much is in your stash and when did you start it? I have somewhere between 700 and 800oz.  I also donated just over 300oz.  I was EPing in the beginning and have a crazy oversupply.  It's all good milk though (i.e. proper foremilk/hindmilk balance), so I'm not trying to stop it.  I'm not able to freeze as much now that I'm back at work though, as my supply has lowered a bit.

how do you freeze it (ex 4oz, 2oz at a time) and where? (Regular freezer,freezer chest)  I mix it up between 4-6oz bags.  I keep a large canvas shopping bag in my regular freezer, and then move it to the deep freezer when that is full.

do you have a goal for how much you want in your stash?  The whole deep freezer would be cool with me!

what do you use your stash for(daycare, future use, emergencies)? I'm terrified of drying up.  Probably irrationally so, but I really don't want to introduce formula at all, or dairy milk until 18mo.  The bigger my stash, the closer I can get to that goal if my boobs break.

I guess this goes with the above question but have you started rotating? Planning to start in April

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I freeze 5 oz at a time and I have about 150 oz. as well. I plan to keep 100 oz stored for emergencies for LO, and I am going to donate anything above that, 100 oz at a time. I am going through the process now of getting signed up with Mother's Milk Bank.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Ladies who are freezing your BM...tell me about it

how much is in your stash and when did you start it? I started back in December. I have about 55 bags that are 4 or 5oz., so maybe about 250 oz.??

how do you freeze it (ex 4oz, 2oz at a time) and where? (Regular freezer,freezer chest) Mostly 4 oz bags, some 5 oz.

do you have a goal for how much you want in your stash? Nope

what do you use your stash for(daycare, future use, emergencies)? Mostly emergencies. I used two bags when I first returned to work, and had to use another one today because I forgot the milk I pumped yesterday at work... I guess that is what it is for Smile

I guess this goes with the above question but have you started rotating? Nope. My oldest stuff is just a month and a half old, so don't need to for a little while.

• I probablY ave about 50 oz but I have only been stashing for a couple weeks. I am just stashing for emergencies. And only oump for 5 extra minutes after one feeding. A little extra for day care just in case he is extra hungry one day. Most of my milk is stored in .5 oz cubes in Tupperware. For daycare I intend to mostly use milk pumped the day before. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I started pumping when Char started sleeping longer stretches at night- roughly 8 weeks old. I have about 175 oz now. I just went back to work this weekend and had enough fresh milk for my first day and pumped more than what she needed for day #2 so we didn't need to dip into my freezer stash. I will probably start rotating some of the milk my next weekend that I work. We have an upright freezer and I freeze the bags flat then store the milk in ice cube storage bins. I don't have a goal in mind but would like a rather large stash because with DD #1 I got a horrible stomach flu and my supply never recovered and I had to supplement.
    Mommy to Evelyn Clare born 6/23/07, Ryan Hansen born 12/10/09, and Charlotte Nicole born 11/1/12
  • imageJenner37:

Ladies who are freezing your BM...tell me about it

how much is in your stash and when did you start it? I couldn't get a bra on when my milk first came in, so I've been pumping since then. I have roughly 400oz and donated 75-100oz last week.

how do you freeze it (ex 4oz, 2oz at a time) and where? (Regular freezer,freezer chest) I started with 2-4oz bags. Now I just fill them up. I fill up bins in my freezer and when they're full, I move them to my parents' deep freeze.

do you have a goal for how much you want in your stash? As big as I can get it. I'm a milk hoarder.

what do you use your stash for(daycare, future use, emergencies)? Whenever I leave her... which i haven't yet....

I guess this goes with the above question but have you started rotating? yes. We give her a bottle periodically to keep her in the habit of taking them. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"