Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Sleeping habits 9 weeks

Hi 

I just want to know if it is alright to have a 9 week old baby to learn to sleep on it?s own in her bed ?. How long does it take and how often should I try, I started today to get her to go to sleep (naps) and she wakes up after 2 -3 minutes and I have tried all day. Should I continue to try or just give up and try again tomorrow ? 

Re: Sleeping habits 9 weeks

• Options
    DS slept in a bassinet, then a crib in his own from our 2nd night home on. To transition, try swaddling, white noise, and rocking LO to sleep.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

DS finally stopped fighting sleep when he turned 9w.  So give your DD a little more time if she's still fighting.  

For bedtime, we do our routine so DS knows it's bedtime.  DH will hold him and bounce him until he's drowsy, then he's put down in the crib.  He's usually asleep right away.

For naps, I watch DS for signs that he's tired.  He has to be pretty tired before he would nap.  So I wait until he's rubbing his eyes AND starting to fuss, then I put him in the swaddle and then hold him and bounce him.  It usually takes 5 minutes of bouncing and shushing before he gets drowsy, then I put him down in the PnP napper to sleep. 

TTC since 10/2008  RE consult 6/2010 Dx:Unexplaied IF

Failed multiple cycles of Clomid+TI and Clomid+IUI

3/2011 inj+IUI #1 BFP. 4/2011 missed m/c. 

Fall 2011 inj+IUI #2&3 BFN

Jan/Feb 2012 IVF#1 BFP 2/23  EDD 10/31/2012 ~~~ Halloween ~~~

Our IVF miracle, Baby Boy M, arrived on 11/8/2012!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"