Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

gripper socks

I am looking for good socks to help little one not slide on the hardwood floors. I will have to buy online. Do you have a brand you like best? I have found good reviews for Skidders but for almost $4 for one pair of baby socks Im not so sure its worth it.

Re: gripper socks

• Options
    I will be curious what others say, as I haven't found too many that work well.  We have used Baby Gap, and I've heard others say that Old Navy are nice too.  Even when DS wears his Robeez, he still slides some, but gets used to it after awhile.  We have just let him slide some - unless he is barefoot, which sometimes he is and that obviously works great!
  • Options

for some reason I can't find a picture of the ones I want.

I'm pretty sure it was this brand, but they don't look like that. I bought "shoes" with the bottom and round the toes rubber/gripper. But they aren't "socks" they only go to the ankle and have an elastic band to go over the top of the foot/slide on.

I bought DD at target, but can't find exactly the ones I'm looking for.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

ok, more like this:

she still wears whatever socks she has on that day, then I put these on...

• Options
    imagechapski:

for some reason I can't find a picture of the ones I want.

I'm pretty sure it was this brand, but they don't look like that. I bought "shoes" with the bottom and round the toes rubber/gripper. But they aren't "socks" they only go to the ankle and have an elastic band to go over the top of the foot/slide on.

I bought DD at target, but can't find exactly the ones I'm looking for.

This is what I would recommend too.  I'm pretty sure these are skidders.  It's hard to see, but the bottom is completely rubber with little nubbies on them...more like slippers.  $4 is a great deal.  They are $12 at Babies R Us.  I tried to find a photo that shows the bottom and they are more expensive here

https://skidders.com/constructionxy3454.aspx

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We have used th skidders shoes (not socks) for my first LO.  They are great for hardwood.  However, I am not sure it would work well before they are 1. 
  • Options
    I really like the Skidders shoes and socks. If you order from website, enter the code Skid50 and everything is 50% off. I've ordered two different times using that code and it has worked great. For half off, they're absolutely worth it!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

Both of my kids wear children's place socks. They have grippies on the bottom. And also old navy does too...
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagechapski:

ok, more like this:

she still wears whatever socks she has on that day, then I put these on...

Where did you find these?!? I'm looking for exactly this for my son 

• Options

imageeyenigh:
    I really like the Skidders shoes and socks. If you order from website, enter the code Skid50 and everything is 50% off. I've ordered two different times using that code and it has worked great. For half off, they're absolutely worth it!

thank you for the code! I just ordered some :)  

• Options

Thanks for the tip! I am going to buy a pair too. Thanks for the code as well.

I've been buying Hanna Anderssen's moccasains and their socks as well, when on sale. They work pretty well, but the skidders look much better, especially for the daycare arena.  

• Options

I should point out, and maybe it's just us, but I feel like these socks run big. My son is almost 11 months old and measures at a 5.5 shoe (but can wear a 6). He wears 18-24 months clothing. I got him the 12 months socks and they're pretty loose. I had originally bought the 18 months and those are too big to even wear at all right now.

Maybe there's some size conversion thing that I missed but I could've sworn I read everything corectly.

• Options
    imageeyenigh:

I should point out, and maybe it's just us, but I feel like these socks run big. My son is almost 11 months old and measures at a 5.5 shoe (but can wear a 6). He wears 18-24 months clothing. I got him the 12 months socks and they're pretty loose. I had originally bought the 18 months and those are too big to even wear at all right now.

Maybe there's some size conversion thing that I missed but I could've sworn I read everything corectly.

Me too!  I bought the 12 month and was gifted the 18 month.  He measured for the 12 month and they won't stay on, my husband says maybe they're too small, which I didn't think.  So when someone gave us the next size up I tried those on him and they were to big.  Just didn't work for us!

I did order a pair of robeez shoes and they fit great and he can't pull them off and they're pretty darn cute!

• Options
    imagemamatobe2012:
    imageeyenigh:

Me too!  I bought the 12 month and was gifted the 18 month.  He measured for the 12 month and they won't stay on, my husband says maybe they're too small, which I didn't think.  So when someone gave us the next size up I tried those on him and they were to big.  Just didn't work for us!

I did order a pair of robeez shoes and they fit great and he can't pull them off and they're pretty darn cute!

I love the Robeez for daycare, too. I call them his slippers. :)

• Options
    Make them yourself! I was worried about my 11-month-old slipping on our hardwood floors, but wanted to get the most wear out of all her socks and footie pajamas. So I went to the fabric/craft store and picked up a tube of puffy paint. I used the puffy paint to draw designs on the bottoms of her socks and footies and now she has grippers. The paint dries in 4 hours and can be washed in 72 hours.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"