Toddlers: 24 Months+

She won't sleep!

I'm noticing a trend on this board but figured I would look for suggestions anyhow.  DD2 has been awake since 5:15.  Not a big deal except that she went to bed at 11:45.  Yesterday she had a 2 hour nap but that was after getting up at 6, again after going to bed at midnight.  Obviously we need to cut out the naps in hopes that she will sleep more at night but she will literally cry for hours during the day if she doesn't get a nap (or else she will fall asleep in the car which I know is what is going to happen today).  DH wants to give her a tiny bit of Nyquil, the man is desperate.  It's getting to the point where her waking up and crying means DD1 gets woken up too and after this many nights of not enough sleep, she is turning into one very tantruming 4 year old.  Help?????
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers 
                         Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: She won't sleep!

• I would def eliminate the nap and see what that does. Do it consistently to see a real difference. Keep to a routine as best as you can. Do calming things before bedtime. Try to get her to start calming down by 7:30/8. DEF no NyQuil...hoping that was just a joke!
    Also read up on some sleep training stuff...we did Dr Ferber. Sorry you are having a hard time. Good luck!
    PPD/PPA Mom...it has been super hard, but I'm making it! Slow steps...
    Mom to Carter (6), and Calianne (1).  
    Proud VBAC, natural birth, breastfeeding, cloth diapering momma!

• Teething? Nightmares?
    DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • It might be her molars.  It really disrupted our LO's sleep.  It lasted about 2 weeks then improved when the 1st 2 pushed through, then started again when the tops ones came in.  They are through now but we are still having an issue with night waking.  She does go right back to sleep.  I don't talk to her, I jus put her back in bed and pat her back for a few minutes.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"