March 2013 Moms

Any signs labor is on its way??

My due date is 3/13/13, but I really don't see myself going that long. The doctor checked me at my 32 week appt. and she said that my baby had dropped and I was 1cm. I've got an insane energy surge. I'm a nesting machine. I'm crampy all day and have increased discharge. Could I go early or will this all just continue for 6 more weeks?

Re: Any signs labor is on its way??

• Either is possible, but if you're a first time mom, you are probably more likely to go to 41 weeks, then early.  You could walk around at 1cm for weeks at a time unfortunately.  Make sure you rest a bit with all that nesting, and are getting enough water during your day!
  • As a FTM, babies tend to drop several weeks before labor, so... there's a good chance you have several weeks left in you. There's still every chance you'll be cooking past your due date.
    DD- 11/17/08, DD- 11/16/09, DS- 3/20/13 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
     Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I would keep my fingers crossed for at least another 4 weeks- 37 weeks is considered full term and even though thebump says (for me specifically, 34 weeks) that LO is just packing on fat waiting for arrival I want him to stay in until at least 37. FTM typically drop early where STM+ don't drop until closer to labor- I'm a STM and it scares me that LO dropped around 33 weeks. When I was pregnant with DD I wanted her out asap, and then she was born and I wanted to put her back in... Try to enjoy this period, it will be over before you know it. 

As for energy, around 32 weeks your blood count levels out since the baby has completed most vital organ production and is just packing on weight so you get your energy back, it's like the energy surge from 1st-2nd trimesters. I asked my OB the same question when at 32 weeks when I was in full blown 'nesting' mode and she said it's normal. 

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • imageTMWarren85:

As for energy, around 32 weeks your blood count levels out since the baby has completed most vital organ production and is just packing on weight so you get your energy back, it's like the energy surge from 1st-2nd trimesters. I asked my OB the same question when at 32 weeks when I was in full blown 'nesting' mode and she said it's normal. 

My body so did not get the memo about the energy surge from 1st-2nd trimesters!  But keeping my fingers crossed for an energy surge soon!

OP: I have been trying some psychological warfare on myself: I keep on telling myself that I'll go 41 weeks.  Then, if I go in any way shape or form earlier than that, it'll be a pleasant surprise! 

Geeky is as Geeky Does... BabyFruit Ticker
  • With my first, I didn't get checked until my appointment at 36 weeks, 6 days, and I was 3cm dilated, and 80% effaced.  The following week, 4cm dilated and 100% effaced. 

I still didn't deliver until my water broke at 39 weeks, 4 days.  Granted, I walked into the hospital 6cm dilated, but it still was a long wait mentally between my first internal exam and the actual delivery. 

This time around, I want baby girl to stay PUT until my scheduled c-section! 

BabyFruit Ticker DS #1 Born 5/19/2009 Sunshine in my life! DS #2 Born 6/3/2011 at 26 weeks, 4 days; passed away 6.5 hours later Transabdominal cerclage placed 4/16/2012 BFP 6/20/12!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"