November 2011 Moms

A little perspective (child with D.S.)

Near our neighborhood there's a handicap bus that picks a high school kid up who has down syndrome. We have found out the hard way that this particular bus takes a long time to pick this kid up. It's not clear why, since he very orderly walks on the bus and says a short good-bye to his mom. After a few times of us complaining, we did what any normal person does: accept it and avoid this route at this time.
This week as I was coming back home from taking my DD to public school, I took the route past this kid's house. Looking at the clock, I was thankful that I was driving by before the bus came for him. As I passed them waiting on the sidewalk, I was privy to one of the sweetest moments between a mother and child. He was holding his mom's hand and as she was looking for the bus and not at him, he lifted her hand and kissed the back of it. He looked at her hand as if it was the very thing that held his tender heart.
That was such a gorgeous moment that did infact make my life richer for having witnessed it. I hope I remember that for the rest of my life.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: A little perspective (child with D.S.)

• You made me cry! that is way too sweet.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• I'm tearing uo now! So very sweet
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Me: 37 DH: 38 
    BFP #1 3/17/11 - DS born 12/4/11
    TFAS Dec 2013
    BFP #2 - 3/23/14 - CP 3/26/14
    BFP #3 - 8/20/14 - Natural Miscarriage 9/22/14
    BFP #4 - 1/28/15 - DS2 born 10/13/15
    Surprise BFP# 5 - 9/2/16 - Due 5/13/17

• Loading the player...
  • Beautiful.
    photo a42489fa-98a3-436b-b31b-266d7d204e5d_zpsde5f201a.jpg
    my read shelf:
    Molly's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary
  • Sweet!

Baby Boy #2 is on the way!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • All of the above.  So sweet to witness, I'm sure. :)
  • The reason it takes so long for the bus to leave is that the driver must make sure that each passenger is buckled up before leaving, unlike regular buses where there are not seatbelts. Most drivers will buckle each person.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image.
  • imagevarkeyr:
    The reason it takes so long for the bus to leave is that the driver must make sure that each passenger is buckled up before leaving, unlike regular buses where there are not seatbelts. Most drivers will buckle each person.

Right, we understand that. But the bus driver and the assistant are both back up front and are there for 3-5 minutes before turning off the lights and pulling away. We are aware of the normal procedures for a handicap bus, it just seems that this bus takes longer than most do.

• How sweet :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"