TTC after 35

Et tu, Downton Abbey?

Not sure how many on here are Downton Abbey watchers, and technically this isn't really a spoiler for this season, just an observation...

I was catching up on Sunday night's episode and one of the characters takes a (very pompous) doctor aside and expresses some concerns to him about the fact that he and his wife haven't yet conceived, and he is concerned it might be him. He tells the doctor they are " very anxious" to have a child and it's been a few months with no success.

The doctor cuts him off and tells him the use of the word "anxious" tells him that that is the problem, and that stress is the worst enemy when you are trying to conceive, etc. and it wasn't necessary to run any tests on him.

So basically, he told him to "relax and it will happen".

Of course back then really, what other options did anyone have but to hope that was the answer.  Then when it didn't work, just blame the barren female.

TTC since 3/2010. Me 41, DH-49. After 3 years, 6 IUIs and several IVFs we have finally have our beautiful baby girl, born on 11/7/13.

Re: Et tu, Downton Abbey?

• I'm very curious to see how this will play out with Matthew and Mary since Matthew suffered the bruised spinal cord injury (or whatever they said it was). I wonder if Matthew will blame himself, not want to get tested, then get tested and discover it isn't him, and then she'll be all sad it's "her fault," then season finale she finds out she's pregnant! You heard it hear first, LOL.

This season is really not letting us catch our breath, is it? It's been action-packed.

AMA & SAIF. TTC #1 since Oct. 2010. DX: Unexplained. BFP on break after 32 months trying and 2 med cycles. Baby girl born at 40w0d!

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

jbelle

• oohh, I haven't seen season 2 yet, its not available anywhere :( but we now get it on TV so I am recording season 3, just need to find 2!!!!

My Ovulation Chart

Me: 41 DH: 46. We are TTC our 1st, started July '11,
    3 cycles clomid with Ob,
    1 cycle Tamoxifen with Ob,
    Diagnosed PCOS 11/5/12
    clomid, trigger & timed bd 12/12 BFN
    1st clomid IUI 1/4/13 BFN.
    2nd clomid IUI 2/13 cancelled didn't respond to clomid.
    3/15/13 scheduled laparoscopy & on bcp.

May 10 IUI from injectibles - BFN 

May 22 done with interventions it will either happen or it won't. 

February 2014 No longer actively trying, but not preventing. 

SURPISE BFP 4/2/2015!!!!!!!!!!

Miscarriage 4/23/15

• Loading the player...
  • imageHeathernSteven:
    oohh, I haven't seen season 2 yet, its not available anywhere :( but we now get it on TV so I am recording season 3, just need to find 2!!!!

Season 2 is here:

https://www.shoppbs.org/product/index.jsp?productId=12241603&cp=13133725.11302190&utm_source=PBS&utm_campaign=pbs_home_shopbuttontopnav_dropdown_downtonabbey&utm_medium=Link&parentPage=family

or Amazon.com, Walmart.com, BarnesAndNoble.com, Target.com, etc. 

Season 3 is actually available for purchase there, too.

• I'm pretty sure that season 2 is available on Netflix as well. But it's definitely out there.

Yes, they are going at breakneck speed this season! I'm glad they don't drag the plot points out like a regular soap opera, but it would be nice to get some time to digest some of this stuff...I would like them to wrap up the Bates story line, it's very boring.

TTC since 3/2010. Me 41, DH-49. After 3 years, 6 IUIs and several IVFs we have finally have our beautiful baby girl, born on 11/7/13.

• I actually know how this particular story-line plays out, and without wanting to give anything away...I was surprised by what followed in terms of medical knowledge.
    Elizabeth 5yrs old Jane 3yrs old

• I thought that was interesting...(some things never change).  I actually wonder if it is Mary, because she has been so hesitant to even start trying.
    Me:37 DH:40 Married 7/2009 TTC since 5/2012 
    BFP 4/2013, Our Christmas Miracle Due 12/18/2013
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"