April 2012 Moms
Options

~ **Monday Pity Party/B!tchfest** ~

Is it lack of sleep? A clueless husband? Sick of the weather? Hate your job?

What's bugging you?

Micah Leonard
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: ~ **Monday Pity Party/B!tchfest** ~

• Options

I had an amazing weekend. Micah has learned to crawl and is pulling up on everything. It's adorable and terrifying. We had to lower his mattress again because the second he sat in the crib, he pulled himself up and started jumping. He has also learned to get himself from laying down to sitting up, in addition to saying "Buh, buh" (bye, bye) to things. All 3 nights, he went 6 hours between feedings for his first stretch of sleep (which doesn't translate to 6 hours of sleep, but it's progress!) In fact, he only nursed 5 times yesterday, compared to 8+ times on a normal weekend, and fell asleep for every nap/bedtime on his own.

Amazing weekend.

And then, I had to go back to work. The roads are a sheet of ice, and on a good day, it takes 55 minutes. I watched an SUV do a 720 in front of me, ending up in a ditch on the side of the road. Several more cars had the same fate. When I arrived to work, some other class "borrowed" my classroom, and didn't put a single thing back in its place. I had to put every single chair back where it belonged, including about 10 that didn't even belong in my room, in addition to the equipment they brought into my room to watch the stupid video. I wish I was home with Micah.

Micah Leonard
  • Options

I made poor life choices and stayed out until 3 AM on Saturday. I then had to work Sunday through a computer downtime and if one more nurse called to whine about the computers not being up I was going to punch someone through the phone. The ONLY way it changed anything for them was they got results faxed instead of in the computer. We're the ones that had to order, collect, and receive everything we got between 10 AM and 8 PM once the system came back up, then put the new order numbers into the instruments and cross everything in the computer. We're also the ones who had to manually program the specimens, hand write results, photocopy everything and fax it most of the night, so the floors complaining was ridiculous.

Now I'm extra tired today and hate everything. DS is napping and I just put a movie on for DD (which I NEVER do during the week) because I can't hack it. Hoping I can nap when they do this afternoon.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Sorry Steel!  Be safe out there on the roads.  I worry more about others driving than myself/DH.  Every day I get to work, I wish I was still home with C.

We had C's 9 month check up on Friday with our normal dr's wife. We told her we had started C on some finger foods (Cheerios, puffs, eggs, etc), and she looked at us like we were crazy because C has no teeth.  Caroline's pretty much over purees, so we're in a Catch 22 - continue with the finger foods or revert back to purees.  She also told us to "just skip crawling" and C should be walking by her next appointment at 12 months.  I left the appointment feeling kinda crappy.  I thought we were making good progress with her army crawl and getting herself to the seated position, but apparently the dr thinks otherwise.

Also, this morning, we got up normal time and left the house.  We had to wake C up because she was out cold, used to the schedule we had over the 4 day weekend.  Right when we dropped her off, work decided to delay 2 hours.  I'm pissed because we could have let C sleep in some, and we could have slept in some.  Instead, we bs'd for 2 hours waiting to go into work. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagesharrison88:

Sorry Steel!  Be safe out there on the roads.  I worry more about others driving than myself/DH.  Every day I get to work, I wish I was still home with C.

We had C's 9 month check up on Friday with our normal dr's wife. We told her we had started C on some finger foods (Cheerios, puffs, eggs, etc), and she looked at us like we were crazy because C has no teeth.  Caroline's pretty much over purees, so we're in a Catch 22 - continue with the finger foods or revert back to purees.  She also told us to "just skip crawling" and C should be walking by her next appointment at 12 months.  I left the appointment feeling kinda crappy.  I thought we were making good progress with her army crawl and getting herself to the seated position, but apparently the dr thinks otherwise.

Also, this morning, we got up normal time and left the house.  We had to wake C up because she was out cold, used to the schedule we had over the 4 day weekend.  Right when we dropped her off, work decided to delay 2 hours.  I'm pissed because we could have let C sleep in some, and we could have slept in some.  Instead, we bs'd for 2 hours waiting to go into work. 

I'm amazed at how many pedis have different opinions on food! Some kids don't get teeth for well over a year, and they definitely shouldn't be on purees for that long! That's crazy! My doctor was fine with us starting table food at 6 months and told us that there was no real need to ever introduce "baby food." Obviously, you need to be comfortable with what your feeding your child, but that's absolutely crazy! Same with the crawling/walking debate! My friend has a 16 month old who still can't walk! They have so many developments at this age, I can't believe they're only focusing on the physical ones.
    Micah Leonard
  • Options
    DH has been working out of town since 11/1.  He comes home every other weekend.  The weekends in between are the hardest.  The days are long and lonely.  I work from home so this house starts feeling like a prison.  Ross has started waking about an hr. after he goes to bed and sometimes several times after that.  Saturday night I had to do CIO and I thought I was going to lose my mind.  Last night he did it again but the CIO ended alot quicker.  I hope tonight will be even better.  Oh and on top of being lonely and tired, I have tendonitis in both hands.  By the end of the day they throb.  The Dr. says I need to rest them.  Sure.  I know alot of people have it alot worse than me but hey, this is whine/bitchfest right?
  • Options

imageGAPeach68:
    DH has been working out of town since 11/1.  He comes home every other weekend.  The weekends in between are the hardest.  The days are long and lonely.  I work from home so this house starts feeling like a prison.  Ross has started waking about an hr. after he goes to bed and sometimes several times after that.  Saturday night I had to do CIO and I thought I was going to lose my mind.  Last night he did it again but the CIO ended alot quicker.  I hope tonight will be even better.  Oh and on top of being lonely and tired, I have tendonitis in both hands.  By the end of the day they throb.  The Dr. says I need to rest them.  Sure.  I know alot of people have it alot worse than me but hey, this is whine/bitchfest right?

Sorry to hear this, mama. Sounds like a difficult situation. I know our LO has been up more MOTN - I think it's a wakeful period @ 9 months.  Try to hang in there and get out of the house as much as practicable.  I drive myself crazy just on long weekends. 

• Options
    imageSteelCity44:

Is it lack of sleep? A clueless husband? Sick of the weather? Hate your job?

What's bugging you?

Wow, you really nailed it on the head!  Lack of sleep, check.  Clueless, husband, check.  Sick of the weather, check!

DS randomly decided to be up screaming for about 2.5 hours last night.  Still no idea why.  He didn't nap very well yesterday and went down earlier last night.  Went down about 7 and was inconsolably screaming about 8:45.  We spent the next 2.5 hrs getting him settled and asleep in our arms, only to have him resume screaming when he hit the mattress.  Plus, I was already tired because we went out Saturday night and I was short on sleep from that.  It was a rough night.  Nothing 2 cans of Diet Coke can't cure, right?

And the weather here sucks.  Yes, I know, I live in MN and it's winter.  But, yesterday it freezing rained first followed by 3 inches of snow.  The drive in was slow. 

Actually, this weekend, DH was pretty good.  I went out shopping/carseat researching and he occupied DS more than usual yesterday. 

• Options
    imagesharrison88:

This doctor is a dumbfuck and you shouldn't listen to her. If they keep pushing that she should be walking by 12 months and not eating table food until she has teeth then find a new doctor. Seriously, it will save you a lot of headaches. That is some of the stupidest shitz I've ever heard.

i wish i could be joking but my dad is the music teacher at a church so he owuld be mad. we had sex, all the time how bad i know but we dont want to wait and he said GREAT OH KAY! and I was really feeling the wets? down there- too embarsed to say- but he acted like man.
  • Options

Tuesday vent. DH doesn't work on Mondays, so he's home with Micah all day. Yesterday, Micah nursed almost as soon as I got home. DH found it odd, since he'd had a bottle an hour before. Then Micah was up all night starving. Finally, this morning, I asked DH what Micah had for lunch. Goldfish. All day long, my child ate Cheerios and goldfish. I prepare a snack every day to send to daycare. I didn't think I needed to point out what to feed our child when he was staying home. Seriously?

Then on top of it, I keep finding the stupid wrappers to hershey kisses and peanut butter cups balled up on the floor, because DH is too lazy to put them in the trash. LO is mobile now, and eats EVERYTHING on the floor! Throw away your freaking trash!

Micah Leonard
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"