Parenting after a Loss

Moms that have gone back to work recently...come on it

Just thought I would check in and see how Mommies and babies are doing now since you've gone back to work.

Its been a month now and I thought DD would have adjusted a little by now. She stays with my Mom during the day. And its great knowing she is with her instead of stranger. She has always been a horrible napper. But its worse than ever. She usually takes two 15 mins naps and one 30 min nap. Definitely not enough. So by the time we pick her up she is pretty tired. But still a very happy baby. So we have moved her bedtime up 1 hour. She is now going to bed at 730. And its been working great for her. She has been sleep 10 to 11 hours total at night. Most night she only gets up once to eat and other night she doesn't get up at all. I just wish we got more time with her at night. Its makes me sad. We started her on some ceral at night too. Pedi said it would be fine. And I think its really helped her eating during the day. She has been eating much better all the way around.

And work has been going great too. I love my job and I've gotten back into the groove pretty quick. But I love my baby more...I wish I could stay home with her more.

Logan Gregory born sleeping 9/29/2011 @ 40wks 2days Forever in our hearts Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
Congrats to Heatherhah! Baby girl has finally arrived!Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Congrats to my Labor Buddy SouthernBellaKS

Re: Moms that have gone back to work recently...come on it

• I've been back almost a month now, too.. DS is adjusting a little, but still has a ways to go.  His nap schedules seem to be all over the place, and like you said, when I go and pick him up he's absolutely exhausted.  I have a 30 minute drive home to our house after getting him, so sometimes he'll nap in the car which makes the evening easier.. but, other times he just spends those 30 minutes rambling and then is just exhausted once we get in.  We are also doing 7:30 bedtime.. he used to be 8pm, but we've found if we push him past 7:30 he's so overtired that he then sleeps terribly.  He does sleep through the night for us (most nights!! we've had a few set backs recently), but we wake him at 6am to take him to my Mom's.

I love my job, also.. but find myself resentful all the time that I have to be at work instead of with my DS.  I miss him so much.  We are actually looking into other options right now.. I've put in a request to drop to P/T once LO #2 comes, and if they don't approve it, I'll be quitting.  

How have things been going with your Mom watching DS?  That's been our biggest struggle.. my parents and my parenting styles differ drastically.. they are not at all a fan of routine/schedule for baby, and we very much have been.  So, it's been a really tough adjustment!

Loss #1: 18w5d.. D&E 04Mar03 BFP #2: Jun2011.. missed miscarriage. D&C 08Jul2011 8w4d. BFP #3: Nov2011.. Our Rainbow Baby!!! DS Born: 15Jul2012! BFP #4: Nov2012.. 2U1 - DS2 born 12Jul2013.  BFP #5: 01Jan2014..3U3!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

My blog about raising 2U2!
  • Hi ladies! I've been back to work since mid November and so far it's been pretty good for both of us but I miss her like crazy. I like getting out of the house but wish I didn't have to work full time and just work part time. My grandma watches her for about 5 hours 3 days a week and 2 hrs 1 day until DH gets home from work. Luckily I have a great boss that is letting me work a midshift so I get to wake up with DD and get her day started. The only thing that kinda sucks is I don't get much time with her when I get home from work cause she also goes to bed at about 730. But I will take it cause I love being there when she wakes up in the morning! My grandma comes to our house which is nice cause everything is here for DD and I don't have to wake her up and take her out! And my grandma follows our schedule with DD and is great with it, the only thing she says is how things are different from when she raised kids! Lol I hope everything keeps working out for you ladies and hope out little ones don't miss us too much! Lol

TTC since 7/10, BFP#1~6/28/11(4wks2d)~EDD 3/4/12, missed m/c(8wks)~8/12/11, D&C~8/16/11
    BFP#2~12/15/11~EDD 8/25/12, Hannah born 8/22/12~ 7lbs 10oz & 21 in. long. :)

BFP#3~1/12/14~EDD 9/23/14, Found out baby is a girl!~4/18/14 :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

|| [url=http;//www.fertilityfriend.com[url=http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/34aafc/]My Ovulation Chart[/url] || [url=http;//www.fertilityfriend.com]Ovulation Chart[/url]
    || [url=http;//www.
  • Loading the player...
  • I've been back to work, just part time, for about a month now. It's ok. I don't love my job, but it's good to get out of the house for a bit. MIL has been watching G for us which is great.

Can I just whine for a minute though? I reeeeaaally wish maternity leave could be longer. I think family bonding, breastfeeding, and mother and baby health should be encouraged more in the states. I feel like there's a decent amount of pressure put on mothers to do everything. Wouldn't it be nice to have a longer period of time to focus on just being a mom, and taking care of the home front? I feel like having a baby calls for more than 6 to 12 weeks to reorganize one's life.

I'm obviously not stoked on work right now. I just want to soak up every minute I can with my baby! Thanks for listening!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I have been back to work for a total of 8 days  so far can you tell I am counting. I miss my kids and wish I could work from home and be with them. Work is okay. I am pumping 3 times a day and it is tough but I am doing it. Thats about it !!
    DS- Brenden born 11/13/93 Missed miscarriage on March 6, 2007 @ 9 weeks D&C on March 8th 2007. Riley Annalise born 2/25/08 ( 3 weeks early weighing 8 lbs 12.8 oz.) Chemical pregnancy 3/2010. Sydney Adriana born sleeping on 9/30/11 weighing 10lbs 3 oz at 38wks 4 days. Trinity Alivia born via c section at 36 wks 4 days weighing 9 lbs. 5.7 oz. She is our amazing rainbow baby!!! Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PGAL buddy drvst8
  • I am on my 3rd week back and it is going OK. I wish I worked part time though. I just found out my position is going from salary to hourly! and that will get me about 7 more hours home each week, excited about that.

My biggest struggle is pumping. I pump at midnight, 5:30am, 10ish, 12ish, 3ish and 6ish and just make enough to cover the next day BM. I know it wont be the worst thing if I have to add in some formula, I just dont want to.

Audrey is doing pretty good at DC but, like yours, napping isnt great. She moved her bedtime up to 7:00 but I wake her up at 8:30/9 to change her and get another feeding in or she'd be up at 5am. This schedule has her up around 6:30.

BFP #1- 11/7/10 ~EDD 7/20/11 ~M/C (bo) 12/6/10 @ 8wks ~Missing my Little Firework

BFP #2- 9/11/11 ~EDD 5/25/12 ~M/C (mmc10w)11/4/11 @ 11wks ~Missing my May Flower

BFP #3- 02/21/12 ~EDD 11/1/12  Audrey Lee Born 11/4/2012

BFP #4 ~EDD 6/20/14 stick baby stick!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"