Baby Showers

Gift Receipts?

Quick question as I near my baby shower date this weekend...  Do people typically include receipts with their shower gifts, in the event I need to return or exchange anything?  

Or do people generally assume that they got you exactly what you had wanted (even if they inadvertently picked up the wrong brand or model or colour) and leave out the receipt?

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Gift Receipts?

• About half and half at mine...didn't have any trouble exchanging both the gifts with receipts and without...some for store credit, some cash (I think it depended on how the originally paid for the intem(?)

The hardest part was keeping the correct receipt with the gift when everything was put together in boxes to go home...maybe have someone tape them to the item? Target listed the items, but BRU didn't which was a little confusing.  

• imageMelRC117:
    Some do, some don't.  I have exchanged plenty of things with no receipt and got store credit.

Same here at Target. If you happen to return items which weren't on your registry, they will have it act as a regular return and take your info down. At Target, you can only return up to $75 per year (without receipts) for store credit.

I'm not sure if they check the date of adding items to registry, but if you receive an item without a receipt, add it to your registry and then just take it back to the store. I don't know if this is a no-no and I frankly don't give a shiit, but wish I had tried it myself. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • imageohlordy:

imageMelRC117:
    Some do, some don't.  I have exchanged plenty of things with no receipt and got store credit.

Same here at Target. If you happen to return items which weren't on your registry, they will have it act as a regular return and take your info down. At Target, you can only return up to $75 per year (without receipts) for store credit.

I'm not sure if they check the date of adding items to registry, but if you receive an item without a receipt, add it to your registry and then just take it back to the store. I don't know if this is a no-no and I frankly don't give a shiit, but wish I had tried it myself. 

This is what I did. The evening after my shower I added items from target to my registry and marked them as purchased. I also marked things that were purchase off my registry but not checked off for whatever reason. Then I returned items a little later with no problem.

• 50/50 I'd say.  Most things you can return for store credit.

• imagerhubarb123:

50/50 I'd say.  Most things you can return for store credit.

Ok good to know, 50/50 as you and some PPs have indicated is pretty good.  I can work with that!

Thanks for the info, all. 

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"