Success after IF

Baby shower gift ideas

Hi Ladies

i am heading to a shower on the weekend for a woman who just had her 4th boy. They have limited  financial resources but also have all the things I can think of baby related. We are getting them a group gift for the parents but I still wanted to give her something for baby. Any thoughts on things you could always use more of? 

Thanks! 

Re: Baby shower gift ideas

• Gift cards. That was the best gift!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • Diapers or gift cards to buy diapers.

Trying for #1 since May 2010   l   DX ~ Unexplained Infertility June 2011

IUI #1&2 = BFN; IUI #3 = BFP, m/c @ 6 weeks

November '11 ~ IVF#1 ~ ER 11/18 (29R, 17F) ~ 5dt of one beautiful blast on 11/23 = BFP!!

Beta #1 9dp5dt = 116, P4 = 28 ~ Beta #2 13dp5dt = 700 ~ Beta #3 20dp5dt = 9500, P4 = 26

1st u/s 12/27 - hb of 156!! EDD 8.10.12 :)   **TEAM GREEN!**

Sweet baby boy born 8.18.12

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Trying for #2

FET #1 - October '13 - c/p   l   FET #2 - December '13 - cancelled :(   l   FET #2.2 - 1.30.14 - BFN

~ More testing - hysteroscopy, endometrial biopsy & more b/w - all normal / negative~

Surprise BFP while waiting on FET #3 ~ beta #1 500; beta #2 1600; first u/s 4/3 - measuring 5w5d, no hb yet!; 2nd u/s 4/10 - hb 132, measuring 6w6d - EDD 11.29.14 :)    **TEAM GREEN!**

Beautiful baby girl born 11.24.14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • imageccam:
    Diapers or gift cards to buy diapers.

HA HA!!! This.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Hi kaf! If you are looking for something small, sort of an I'm thinking of your baby, what about the monthly onesie photo stickers? They are less than $10. It is fun, but useful and not likely something your friend would buy, but unlikely something she could save from a previous child. 
    TTC Since 3/2010
    Me-36, Unexplained Infertility, DH-35, all clear
    Clomid 50mg 12/2011 = BFN
    Clomid 100mg 1/2012 = BFN, with Cyst
    IVF #1 Lupron/Menopur/Gonal-f/HCG Trigger
    ER 4/19/12 = 11 retrieved, 6 fertilized,
    ET 4/22/12 = 2 transfered (day 3), remaining 3 weren't good enough to freeze
    Beta 5/3 = BFP, 87 Beta #2 5/7 560.9 Beta #3 5/9 1376.5 First u/s One Baby, 125bpm!
    Second u/s, 176bmp! Kicked over to the OB by the RE at 8w. Team Green!! 
    Baby girl J arrived two weeks early! Born into water, med-free. Hooray for Team Pink!

TTC #2 - back to the RE, treatment started 12/2014. 

• Thanks Amy. I like that idea. The group is getting mom a gift basket for her and dinner for the parents at their fave restaurant. They are cloth diapering and have all the stuff from prior kids for that.... She is actually giving me stuff at this point! I can appreciate the gift card sentiment but I wanted them to have something nice to open. Maybe Amy's suggestion, some more receiving blankets to cut down on laundry and a gift card to go along with that? I will continue to think but thanks for the input!
  • Onsie stickers are always one of the gifts I give at showers! To go along with it you could look for a frame that would hold the monthly pictures of the baby. I've seen them at lots of different places or you could search online too. This is what I'm talking about: https://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/1/3/monthly-baby-photo-frame
    *My Loves, My Life, My Littles*

02/18/11, 05/24/12 and 12/03/13

• I wouldn't do receiving blankets.  They probably have a ton already.  How about a set of burt's bees baby wash and lotion?  It's nice stuff and totally usuable.

TTC since May 2006. After 3 failed Clomid cycles, 2 failed Injectibles/IUIs, 2 failed IVFs and 1 failed FET, we moved on to adoption! 

Last ditch FET resulted in BFP, and identical twin girls!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"