Pregnant after 35
Options

hands numb and swollen

Anyone ever wake up with their hands numb and swollen?  could it have been what I ate last night? ...but then again, I've been experiencing this almost every morning/night, just not as bad as this morning.  The numbness goes away pretty quick but the slight swelling remains.  After about a few hours, it seems to go away too.?
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: hands numb and swollen

• Options
    I've noticed that my hands have been swelling a little, but  not ever numb.  I get more headaches, knee aches and arm aches at night than anything else. 
  • Options
    I just got diagnosed with pregnancy-related carpal tunnel. It started fairly early for me, but not as early as you are right now-- but if this is what you've got, I'd bring it up soon to your doctor so you can get out in front of it sooner rather than later. My coworker had to take an early LOA because she could no longer work, it got so bad. And she had cortisone shots as well as the braces!
    *********************************************************************************************

"You have to do your own growing no matter how tall your grandfather was." 
            -- Abraham Lincoln

Me:39  MH:39 
    DD born 6/1/2013 after 15 months of TTC with one loss.    
    TTC #2: BFP 4/22 but stalled growth and no HB at 9w3d on 5/30        

<a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3a2798" style="font-size:smaller;" >
    <br /> My Ovulation Chart</a>

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have experienced this with all three of my pregnancies. Especially if I sleep on my back with my hands resting on my stomach. I will wake up with both hands completely numb...scary.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I feel at ease now, knowing that I am not the only one...  I will mention this to my doctor.  Thank you!  I have been diagnosed with carpel tunnel before my pregnancy, I wonder if this has just aggravated it more?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    A few months ago before I was pregnant I was waking up in the morning with numb hands. I got disgnosted with Carple tunnel just by talking to the dr. I have not gone for tests yet I have braces that I wear if it gets bad. I changed jobs and that has helped too. Not sure about the swelling.

Me (40) DH (42).......Married 7/1/11......TTC 12/2013.......BFP #1 12/30/12........EDD 9/8/13
    Spotting,clot 2/15/13 all ok......2/21/13 no heartbeat 11 w 4 d missed miscarriage........2/22/13 DnC :(
    BFP # 2 10.10.13...........EDD 6.19.14

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"