TTC after 35

Sort of a start over intro...

I think I have introduced myself on this board twice now-1st back in Sept and then recently when I learned I had a MC. I'm not really sure which board I belong, but decided maybe I should post here as well (also posted on TTCAL). 

Today was supposed to be a happy day. It was supposed to be first day of my 2nd Trimester. Instead, I had a follow up for my D&C that I had done almost 2 weeks ago. Dr said all is good, and after one period, we could try again.

I turn 36 in 3 days and definitely feel like we are ready to try again as soon as possible. 

This last pregnancy was a very much wanted surprise. The only reason we were waiting was for insurance reasons, but both of us want a baby. I guess I am a bit anxious this time around, wondering if I am supposed to do something different or whatnot. I bought OPK sticks last night for the 1st time, and plan to temp and chart as well and get to know my body. I just don't know if it is worth doing now since I'd imagine everything is all screwy. Any advice? 

I feel like I had a few post-MC "milestones" this past week: 1st time POAS (BFN) after D&C, made it through a big family event with babies and pregnancy mentions without feeling sorry for myself and today. Now I am very anxiously looking towards the future and what it holds. Hoping AF gets here quickly!

~ES~

~*~EVERYONE always welcome!!~*~
TTC #1 since October 2012
BFP #1 11/22/12 EDD 7/29/13 MMC 1/14/13, D&C 1/16/13
BFP #2 5/7/13 EDD 1/14/2014 Ectopic discovered 5/21/13, lost left tube
Referred to RE, blood work done August 2013, AMH 0.27, all else normal, HSG clear
BFP #3 12/1/13 EDD 8/8/14, MC 12/24/13
January 2014: RE #2, blood work repeated, homozygous MTHFR c677t, SHG clear
BFP #4 4/7/14 EDD 12/15/14 Our rainbow was born 12/6/14 at 4:26pm! <3 

Re: Sort of a start over intro...

• I am so sorry that you have to be back here.  I never charted or temped so I can't help you there but I am sure these wonderful ladies on here can give you some great advice.

Take it one day at a time and I wish you the best of luck :) It's ok to feel sorry for yourself once in awhile especially today. Again I'm sorry. Also happy birthday early :)

ME:46 MH:44 DE IVF 2014
    Met with RE 4/11. 2 IUI's BFN. DE best option. Switched clinics to do "shared" program. Had to retake all tests and a mamm that put me behind and then on a DE waiting list for 12 months. Picked a donor!! (10/13/13) Got matched. Estimated transfer in December. After 2.5 years of patiently waiting I will finally cycle....can hardly believe it. DE cycle got cancelled. One of her tests came back positive.  Waiting for another donor. Donor picked!! (1/18/14)

DE IVF #1 (4/26) BFN  DE FET #1 (6/4) BFP! Beta 1=339 Beta 2=852 Beta 3=9957 EDD 2/22/15!!

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• Sorry for your miscarriage. I've come back to this board twice after my mcs. When I'm not doing ART.  I like the Clear Blue Digital OPKs, yoga, eating as organic as possible and lots of water. 

I know how anxious you must be after your MC. You'll be fine. You won't ever forget but it gets easier.  I was doing the calendar thing for while, but know I try not to remember those dates that could have been and all the what ifs.

Keep calm and carry on! I wish you luck. 

• Loading the player...
  • Thank you both!

I bought the Clear Blue Digitals as well. Just unsure when to start them. Is it C-day 10? Part of me wants to just start using them and see when I get a + and go from there. 

~ES~

Referred to RE, blood work done August 2013, AMH 0.27, all else normal, HSG clear

• Hi Eliz,

I am so sorry for your loss and of these painful anniversaries....I understand your pain, as I too, have had a miscarriage.... I know it takes a bit to go through the healing process.  I wish you the best.

As far as tempting and charting, are you familiar with Fertility Friend?  It is a great site that helps you orgainize all your charting/tempting info and makes it easy for you to understand your fertility window for when you need to be doing the BD.  Lol.  The service is free for the basic tools, which is nice. 

There is a great book called, 'Getting to Know your Fertility'   It is like the fertility bible.  Great resource to use in helping with your questions about tempting and or the Fertility Friend is pretty good in answering questions, too.  I checked this book out from the library, first, to see if I would find it useful, which I did.

You picked a great OPK, they are a bit pricey but no questions to when you ovulate with the happy face or the digital ones that read positive.  Both great.  Oh, to answer your question....Yes, you should start using them.  There should be some instructions in the box, which talks about when to start by your average monthly cycle length. For example, if you are a cycle 28 day, you should start testing on cycle day 11.  Just FYI....

Hope this helps and welcome to the board, hopefully, your stay will be short and sweet. 

Best of Luck! 

Lilypie Trying to Conceive 15 to 80 day cycle tickers
  • I'm so sorry for your loss, I've just gone through a loss too so I know just how hard it all is. ((Hugs))

With regards to charting, I'd like to echo the PP who recommended Fertility Friend, it's such a great tool for helping to figure out your cycles and optimize your fertile time. If you are wanting to test for ovulation earlier and more often, I would definitely  recommend getting cheaper Wondfo tests online, I've bought them through Amazon and they really are the way to go over the longer run. When I first started TTC I bought the store brand OPKs and quickly grew tired of literally peeing my money down the drain, they're so expensive!  And especially after a loss when your cycles might be wonky and figuring out your 'normal' might take some time, you could go through an awful lot of test sticks in a short amount of time.

Good luck! 

imageimage

Married August 2012. Me: 41  DH: 42 
    Daughter from previous marriage: 20

BFP 12/19/12: Ectopic discovered at 8 weeks, right tube removed 01/18/13
    June 2013 Testing Results: Progesterone: 31.7, LH: 5, FSH: 5, Estradiol: 161
    Clomid cycles Nov. 2013 and Jan, Feb, and March 2014

TTC journey over as of the end of October 2014

TTCAL BLOG

All ALers welcome!

• OK, that makes sense! I'll have to get some Wondfo tests. How early do most start testing in a cycle? I just figured I should start day 10, but of course being as I'm getting over a D&C, no idea what that all means.

~ES~

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"