Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

convertible car seats

Our 11 month old has almost grown out of her infant car seat so we are looking into the convertible car seat for her.  Does anyone have recommendations for car seats, or any we should stay away from?

Obviously Safety is the most important but I don't want it so big that my seat or the passenger seat need to be moved all the way forward so it's hard to drive or uncomfortable.  I also would prefer if it didn't take up 2 spaces in the back seat if possible.  And I would prefer if it had a cup holder attached or built in.  And I also want me daughter to be comfortable in it, something she can fall asleep in since we often visit family which is a 4 hour road trip, roundtrip.

Thanks for your help!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: convertible car seats

• Options

We have an Eddie Bauer one that is awesome, Olivia grew out of the infant seat at 6 months (she's tall).  There's a cup holder attachment.

My parents and my ILs both have a Cosco seat and they both like it.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I would look at the Graco My Ride. It has a built in cup holder, and it should get most kids to 3-4 rear-facing and around 5 forward facing.

You could also look at the Graco My Size 70/Size 4 Me 70/Headwise 70. However, I would highly suggest keeping your receipt, because many people including myself have had harness issues with the seat. Sometimes the harness won't tighten enough. I have one now that doesn't have harness issues, but I had several before getting one without issues. 

I wouldn't suggest any of the Eddie Bauer or Alpha Omega seats. They are a jack of all trades, master of none. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We have the Britax but have not started using it yet but we selected them because they are ranked very high when it comes to safety.  They are a little more expensive but I think diapers.com is having a 30% off sale right now.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    The Graco Smart Seat is amazing!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Britax seats have pretty short shells so if your child is taller they will probably grow out of it sooner than other seats.  From what I have seen a lot of people recommend the Diono Radian (very slim profile), the Graco Myride and Mysize. 

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I wouldn't consider the smart seat either. You can only use it rear-facing in the bottom 3 head positions, it is insanely heavy, bases are $$$, and if I remember correctly it doesn't make a great booster.

You could get 3 convertible seats for less than you would spend total on a Smart Seat. 

• Options
    Graco My Ride. LO loves it. Fits up to 70 pounds and even converts to a booster. We have one in each of our cars, an accord and a venza, and it fits great!
  • Options

imagechristinaa722:
    Graco My Ride. LO loves it. Fits up to 70 pounds and even converts to a booster. We have one in each of our cars, an accord and a venza, and it fits great!

You might want to double check what seat you have, because the My Ride doesn't convert to a booster.

• Options
    We have the MySize and it meets all of your specifications. Some people have had harness issues, but I have not. I pull the slack out of the back of the seat and then pull on the adjustor strap to tighten it and it's been fine.
    S- March 09 E- Feb 12 L- May 15

• Options

I just got my son the evenflo symphony 65 e3 and love it.  It's a reasonable price and fits good in our 1995 Honda Accord.  Super easy to install, I did it by myself in less than 5 minutes.  Super easy to strap him in and he looks comfy.  Looks like it will grow with him quite a ways.  Also, the cover is easy to take off for washing, the straps don't tangle, comes with cup holder, you can adjust the headrest and straps w/o rethreading it (one of my favorite features).

I totally recommend it!

https://www.amazon.com/Evenflo-Symphony-All-Seat-Cicero/dp/B004GXA6MO
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"