November 2011 Moms
Options

sleeping arrangements

My DH has been sleeping in the guest room since pretty much Christmas.  Between us and DD being sick, then her getting teeth in and waking for hours on end, that was the only way to ensure at least 1 of us could get a good night's sleep.  Well she finally started sttn again so DH moved back in Friday night.  It was so awesome having everyone back in the right bed.  Well wouldn't you know, DD was up last night so she and I slept in the guest room.  Am I the only one playing musical beds?  Before she was born, I was so adamant that everyone would sleep in their bed... no all that matters is a good night sleep.
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: sleeping arrangements

• Options
    I am in the same boat! Except it happens once a week or less and I have yet to figure out why! DH gets up at 4am everyday so there is no way he could help out or I would try to take her to bed with us so we end up on the couch or in the wood (very uncomfortable) rocking chair....hope it gets better soon for all of us!
  • Options

My son has never really STTN, so we don't do seperate rooms for just that, but yes, we do do musical beds if you will for other reasons.

I was sick with a bad cold in early Jan, so I slept in the guest room so dh would not get sick.

He still wakes a few times a night but his room isn't far so I stay put.

If she was STTN before, I would go back to your bed, so she doesn't expect/get used to sleeping with you. Good luck!

b/w=FSH 15.6, AMH 0.4 surprise natural BFP on 3/12/11
    DS born via unplanned C-section at 40w6d

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I'm in the same boat as pp(DH gets up at 4am for work.)

On the random nights that DS has a bad night, the parent that doesn't have to work the next day sleeps on the couch downstairs & the other will sleep with DS in the bed.

That's probably only happened 5 times in the past year though. I'm always nervous of bedsharing since DS learned to roll, so I try my hardest to get him to sleep in his crib.

I'll be glad when he transitions to a normal size bed. It will hopefully equal better sleep for mom or dad when we have to stay with him during the night.

Baby Boy #2 is on the way!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I'm not in the same boat, just wanted to wish you luck getting everything back to normal. When my DS's sleep patterns get changed, it takes him 2 weeks to g et back on track. Stick with it, you'll all be in your beds before she leaves for college. Wink
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Last time DD slept in bed was us was back in July while on vacation.  I don't think it could happen anymore (or at least right now) because being in our bed is too exciting for DD.  I don't think she'd sleep.

Which is too bad because sleep has been rough for DD this past week or so - teething and congestion - and I wish bringing her into our bed would help.  The closest I got was getting her to sleep a bit on my chest in the glider in her room.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

DS had a super nasty cold about 2 weeks ago (it lasted a whole week).  He was so miserable I had to hold him for every nap (he wouldn't sleep laying flat) and he slept in our bed propped up at night.  While we do have a queen size bed, it is a TIGHT squeeze!  I'm already miserable sleeping being this pregnant and then I had DS stretched out as far as he could go.  It was a very long week so I understand how you feel.

I will say, after he got better.. he has actually been sleeping the best he ever has!  He was still waking up at night and we have had a week straight of sleeping through the night!  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"