December 2010 Moms
Options

the epitome of cranky

Aiden is beyond miserable these days.  I can barely handle it to be honest.  I am hoping that he is getting his two year molars, so there is a cause for this, but am not sure.

The one thing that is awful is that he is screaming now every morning when we have to take him to daycare.  He just cries and cries and this morning actually threw himself on the floor and screamed.  

Is this a phase?  Is anyone else going through this?  It's to the point that I am wondering if we should call the pedi, but as a FTM, but I'm not sure they will say anything other than he's a two year old, and that's what they do. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: the epitome of cranky

• Options
    I'm pretty sure it's a phase. We battled it here and he's actually starting to get over the floor tantrums. For the most part. It is so hard to ignore but of you cave they realize they can get what they want and they will try you more

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Married my best friend 01/01/09

BFP#1 05/06/10. Jarebear born 12/29/10.

BFP#2 06/22/12 (DH's birthday). EDD 02/23/13. M/C and D&C 08/09/12

BFP#3 02/04/13. Alaina Beth born 10/09/13.
  • Options
    I vote for phase too. We went through a throw self on floor tantrum time period (it still happens!) but for two weeks it was worse than ever.  Just ride it out and ignore as much as possible.
    photo IMG_6758_zps3fe7e628.jpg
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I vote phase.  And I blame everything on molars these days, lol.

B went through a no-daycare phase that coincided with his transition to the 2-yo room.  We did a few things to try to help:

- at night he'd get an extra bedtime story about a little boy who went to daycare and had lots of fun doing whatever they do in his daycare classroom

- we had talks about how he had to go to daycare because Mommy and Daddy went to work.  If he stayed home alone he'd have no one to play with, but if he went to daycare he could play with his teachers and friends

- we planned ahead for exciting things that he could tell his teachers at drop-off.  This morning he told them that he got to drive the ambulance at the Children's Museum this weekend.  This one was to help him transition into the classroom - if he's okay once he gets to daycare, this might not be as helpful.

I hope it's a short phase for you all.

photo 8653f130-7264-42f4-8d67-9a73d64cacce_zps8c973e49.jpg

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #1 4/14/10. Big B born 12/28/10.

BFP #2 5/27/12. EDD 2/1/13. m/c and D&C 6/21/12.
  • Options
    I've been suffering the Daycare drop off meltdowns too.  His transition to the 2's room is not a change he likes even though his 2 buddies transitioned with him.  He screams, clings to me, and freaks out.  The crying literally starts in the parking lot.  I'd love to offer great advice but honestly nothing has worked for us and I'm just hoping to ride it out.  He freaks out when I drop him off, when anyone opens the door to his room to drop off their kid, when he changes classrooms, or when parents start coming to pick up kids.  The rest of the day he plays, participates, and has a good ol time.  I'm clueless as to how to help him adjust.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Yep, just a 2-year-old phase.  C periodically goes through DC phases too.  Right now, his morning teacher has this one book that C loooooves but she doesn't leave out for main class b/c it was paper pages they'll rip.  She takes it out just for C when he arrives though so I think it helps him feel special and look forward to DC right now.  Is there something really special you could find at DC to help him look forward to it?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Just a phase and it sucks and you're not alone!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"